Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSP6.0 - Switches in Ulead32.ini - ??????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSP6.0 - Switches in Ulead32.ini - ??????????

Ok, so I have now capitulated and gotten myself a copy of MSP6.0.

After the initial weekend spent on the net looking for settings, changing and testing alead32.ini and the rest, I am at least now able to go through the motions of editing successfully using various avi files CAPTURED WITH PCVCR ONLY.

What I can do:
    1. I am able to scrub along the timeline at a near decent speed without the dreaded “multiple copies ….” message, and I am able to apply transitions and titles with success.
    2. I am able to output the timeline to tape with no audio/video sync issues (So far I can see!)

What I cannot do:
    3. Use the MSP6 Videocapture to capture material – the program crashes on exit, no matter what the settings, just as Premiere5.1c, AVI_IO 2.40,VIDCAP32 and Lumiere 1.0 as reported elsewhere in this forum as well as MURC by myself and others
    4. In preview while editing, I cannot view the paused frame as displayed on my pc monitor on the tv output – the screen goes black. Apart from that, the picture displayed on my pc monitor pause perfectly still, but the whole frame seems to have been displaced to the bottom so that the bottom of the frame disappears off screen and a green line on a black background is added to the top of the frame .
    5. I am not able to output a decent “non-hopping/jittery” picture to my tv monitor no matter what the settings (Matrox said that this is a known problem in reponse to my previous posts – so ok, I will have to wait for new drivers)

What I want to do:
    6. Capture and edit and export to tape my own material without a struggle through MSP6 very soon.

In the quest to achieve point 6 above can anybody please suggest a site where I am able to download/get a copy of the following:
    7.Full description ( Purpose, effect, as well as inter-relationship with other switches in use) of Any and All the switches as used in the Ulead32.ini setting file to tweak MSP6.0 operation under W2000 – I have tried in vane to get this info from Ulead,Electric-eyes, Desktopvideo etc. Alternatively, if someone can email it to me directly to me I would be very grateful.

------------------
    Lawrence
    Lawrence

Let me add my name to the list of those who would like to have documentation of the .ini file switch descriptions for ANY piece of software that I've paid for! But, especially MSP, as this is one program that seems to have all sorts of hidden but VERY useful tools that any user could easily work with, and not have to bother customer service to get them to grudgingly give up one lousy tidbit at a time...

- Jeff B

Comment

I think Doc posted this somewhere on this forum.

If you can't find it, you can search for videotests on our video editing forum and you'll get a complete list of the ulead32.ini file.

Lawrence - Those crashes on exit will be fixed with our next release of VT for win2k. It isn't a ulead 6 issue, it's more of our vidcap driver issue.

Comment

Message search results for videotests
        No messages containing the word(s) was found.

Jeff B

Comment

Thanks for the reply Haig, even though this was a duplicate of a request I posted on the Matrox forum.

Can only agree with jeff b - I must be missing something or else I am blind but I have spent many a very unhappy hour searching with no joy so far.

May I offer some money for an address? - any takers? - any givers?

------------------
          Lawrence
          Lawrence

Comment

Haig,
            who is 'OUR' video editing forum?

I agree too, with jeff b, no list of ulead32.ini was found.
            Some months ago I asked the same question: a complete, documented list of ulead32.ini. ( http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum2/HTML/003815.html )
            Anybody else hear our scream?
            Ulead didn't!
            It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
            ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Have a look here:
              http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/For...ML/000827.html

Haig

Comment

Haig

Thanks for the link, but I have actually seen this and find that it does not explain the whole story - I find various conflicting suggestions from users to solve specific problems without being able to explain why - experience is not enough for me though, I am looking for hard factual descriptions of the switches and their interdependance etc,etc

------------------
                Lawrence
                Lawrence

Comment

One of the most frustrating things to encounter in a quest such as this is the apparency that no-one really has a clue what the question is.

LVR's original post on this thread ended off thusly:

"...can anybody please suggest a site where I am able to download/get a copy of ... description ( Purpose, effect, as well as inter-relationship with other switches in use) of Any and All the switches as used in the Ulead32.ini setting file..."

...to which I posted in response:

"Let me add my name to the list of those who would like to have documentation of the .ini file switch descriptions for ANY piece of software that I've paid for! But, especially MSP, as this is one program that seems to have all sorts of hidden but VERY useful tools that any user could easily work with, and not have to bother customer service to get them to grudgingly give up one lousy tidbit at a time..."

So, at this point I will re-state it again. Is it possible to obtain a document which explains what all the possible entries (or entry types/syntax) in the .ini file DO?

The current iteration of runaround on this is somewhat like a speed bump... it says, "some people are too stupid to be able to do this on their own, so we're going to make EVERYBODY slow down here whether they like it or not." It's offensive. One asks for specific info, and gets parental guidance in response.

- Jeff B

Comment

Calm down Jeff. At least Haig gave you more than Ulead did and it's not even his product.

SwAmPy

Comment

Yup. Whenever I get those nostalgic moments I fire up my Amigas (3000T & 4000T).

How nice it was to use a full blown multitasking OS and be able to use high end graphics programs like Lightwave on a 10 meg machine with a 7-30 mhz processor.

And no need for a #^%*$(^ swapfile....

Memories....

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 21 June 2000).]

Comment

...and to think that I only got into computers with the Vic20 in 1983 because it looked like it might be better than a typewriter. It's been a money pit ever since!

- Jeff B

Comment

Oh, I know... Haig's definitely an admirable entity here on the message board, and I certainly wouldn't want the mistaken impression to come off MY keyboard that it were otherwise!

No, my pique on this subject is actually years in the making, beginning 'way back there around the time the word "bloatware" was coined. Back before all aftermarket software programming departments were rendered into packs of technicians writing high level calls to Windows DLL's. Back there when 'programmer' meant someone who could whip out low level snippets that ran circles around any of the junk in Windows. And when any software package you obtained had documentation that fully described every file in the package, and the full gamut of possibilities contained in any initialization/config type files.

But those days are gone, and whenever I'm reminded of that, I can wax outraged quite easily...

- Jeff B

Comment

Working...
                          X