Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay Buys PayPal for $1.5 Billion!

eBay has bought out Paypal for $1.5 Billion

I wonder how crappy there service will become now? I've been using PayPal for quite some time, back when they were still giving you $5 just for opening an account. A few months back I had upgrade to a Priemer account because someone payed me with a Credit Card for hardware even after we agreed to use cash transfers. I wanted to get the deal over with and went ahead and upgraded, I get charged 2.9% of all collections now. Not thats terrible, you cant get something for nothing, even though thats what I got for quite sometime before I upgraded. It just makes me wonder how eBay will make it worse. I'm not sure about others here, but I am not an Ebay fan. I can only see things getting worse!

I've heard people have tons of problems with paypal and I guess eBay's own billing system wasn't cutting the mustard so they bought their biggest competor. I haven't had any problems with either, but yeah the 2.9 charge does suck, but also remember when you go out and use a Credit card in a local shop or store they are getting banged the same amount or more for the convenance of you using a Credit card or Debt Card to buy stuff. I have a store near me that doesn't let you use a CC or Debt card unless the charge is over $25 bucks.
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

I have never used PayPal so i can't comment on their service but PayPalWarning.com has recently been brought to my attention.
      no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

but also remember when you go out and use a Credit card in a local shop or store they are getting banged the same amount or more for the convenance of you using a Credit card or Debt Card to buy stuff. I have a store near me that doesn't let you use a CC or Debt card unless the charge is over $25 bucks.
        But also remember that the stores do this because the CC companies are a reliable source of payment. If they don't want to pay for this "insurance" they don't have to take the cards.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
        X