Corrupt video when comming out of standby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrupt video when comming out of standby

With the help of this forum I was able to get my Marvel G400 running with XP. My only problem left now is that when my PC returns from standby and I have PC-VCR running the display (that is the tv picture, not the main display) is corrupted.

This happens ONLY when the PC has gone into standby and come out again. It does not matter if PC-VCR has been running. The next time I run PC-VCR (even if I have not run it before goning into stdby) the tv pic is corrupted. The only way to get it back is to reboot pc. No other problems exist except only with this program.

drivers are the following

G450e 2000 drivers version

video tools 2.10 (vt_210a.exe)
    driver 5.82 (W2K_582.exe)

can anyone suggest as to why when my pc goes into standby then comes out again, Matrox PC-VCR' TV screen is corrupted?

(this G400 has just been replaced by Matrox because the A7V333 or my other mb an ECSK7S5A could not see it, replacement cured this.)

Sytem is the following

Asus A7V333
    XP1800
    768 mb ddr
    Marvel G400 tvo

cheers to all

I'm afraid unless you can convience Matrox to write new drivers you'll have to disable standby.

Standby and Hibernation are roach motel features -- lots of bugs in lots of applications/drivers.

I turn 'em off on desktops, and have my notebooks disable them in the AC Power profile. I just have to avoid doing certain things while on battery power.

--wally.

Comment

Have to agree on this one. Standby and hibernate cause more problems than they are worth. If you are worried about power then try the power management and kill the drives and turn off the monitor after 20 minutes or something. Those are the real power suckers.
      WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Well I don't think Matrox will write new drivers for this card...do you?

I think you are both right. I will disable standby in the power option. Funny thing is EVERYTHING ELSE works perfectly with standby. Its only PC-VCR that gives the problem, shame that.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Comment

Working...
        X