DVD+RW Alliance website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD+RW Alliance website

Interesting site from the promoters of the +RW and +R media. Here's their compatibility list:

Everything You Need To Know About DVD+RW January 4, 2021 This article has been just updated: January 4, 2021 We will make an assumption at the beginning of this article that most, if not all, of our readers have seen and perhaps even made use of a DVD. To further your knowledge of these convenient […]

I also ran across this other site recently:

They have a couple variations of a bitset utility (downloadable) for setting the +RW disc opening bit to say that it's a -ROM dual layer, fooling a short list of players into looking for one layer, which is similar to the higher reflectivity single layer of a +RW disc.

My HP DVD200i has a utility for this trick on the install disc, but the list of players that this works on is very short.

Jeff B

My Zenith 2381 is listed as DVD+RW compatible. It freeze-frame glitches very badly on DVD+RW from the Phillips DVCR-985 recorder.

Seems fine with DVD+R, glitches on DVD-R.

My experience is these lists are bogus as some players play burned disks, others don't, even duplicate instances of nomially the same model player when tested with the same burned disk!

I'm getting a new Dell notebook, I'll raise holy hell with them if its 8X DVDROM doesn't play DVD+R video, DVD_RW Alliance member and all that :-)

--wally.

Comment

Working...
    X