War 3 problems with P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War 3 problems with P

Anyone has an idea why this is happening? Like little white lines around everything.
    Fenrir(AVA)
    "Fearlessness is better then a faint-heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors.
    The length of my life and the day of my death were fated long ago"
    Anonymous lines from For Scirnis

I had a similar problem on my V5 5500, try to set the game to 16bit, that worked for me.
    Specs:
    MSI 745 Ultra :: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ :: 1024 MB PC-266 DDR-RAM :: HIS Radeon 9700 (Catalyst 3.1) :: Creative Soundblaster Live! 1024 :: Pioneer DVD-106S :: Western Digital WD800BB :: IBM IC35L040AVVN07

Comment

Intresting thing is it only happens on the fog of war. I figuered it out, it is not the texture settings but 16x FAA. If I have it on it highlights the textures so to speak.
      Last edited by Fenrir(AVA); 7 July 2002, 02:22.
      Fenrir(AVA)
      "Fearlessness is better then a faint-heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors.
      The length of my life and the day of my death were fated long ago"
      Anonymous lines from For Scirnis

Comment

hmm... i have another problem with war3 and some other 3D games... anyone seen something like that?

the game is not playable that way and i already tried a lot of different matrox/game settings but the black triangles are still there as well as other graphic problems

i use windows xp with the newest dx and matrox drivers for the P

tnx, martin

ps: the game looked perfect with my old gf3...

Comment

Originally posted by MasurK
          hmm... i have another problem with war3 and some other 3D games... anyone seen something like that?

the game is not playable that way and i already tried a lot of different matrox/game settings but the black triangles are still there as well as other graphic problems

i use windows xp with the newest dx and matrox drivers for the P

tnx, martin

ps: the game looked perfect with my old gf3...
          WHICH Matrox drivers are you using?

Comment

i never had an older version installed... bought my new matrox yesterday...

Comment

OpenGL

To all with problems:
              Maybe you should try and use openGL:
              c:\games\warcraft3\war3.exe -opengl

I don't know if that helps, but hey it's worth a try
              Specs:
              MSI 745 Ultra :: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ :: 1024 MB PC-266 DDR-RAM :: HIS Radeon 9700 (Catalyst 3.1) :: Creative Soundblaster Live! 1024 :: Pioneer DVD-106S :: Western Digital WD800BB :: IBM IC35L040AVVN07

Comment

Working...
              X