disk errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disk errors

Has anyone experienced this type type of problem before.
    I have an asus a7v333 mboard and whenever I try to boot from either of my 2 disk drives all I get is a 'L' followed by a slow screen full of 01's. I am sure that I have seen this type of problem before.

Regards MD
    Interests include:
    Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Yeah, seen that when I fvcked up the LILO of my Linux installation...

Edit: But there are probably other ways to achieve the effect in question, and since you tried two disks it's probably not that... Maybe your BIOS is screwed up? Or maybe the boot partition is not set active? Maybe the disks used to belong to a RAID array? Okay, so I'm guessing here
    Last edited by Tempest; 6 July 2002, 00:10.

Comment

what have u done to ur machine recently
      if ur running xp as well as linux you may need to use the recovery console to get xp to boot. fixboot and fixmbr i believe are the commands.
      u can then reinstall linux if you were dual booting. How did u have your disks set up (os, partitions etc)
      [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
      Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
      Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
      Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
      Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

I have just built the machine from scratch. However I am not sure if it is a disk problem because both were working correctly last time I used them (about 2 months ago). Maybe I need to try booting from cd and see what FDISK thinks

regards MD
        Interests include:
        Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Yeh I get that when my Linux disk gets disconnected so either your hard drive has got corrupted or is trying to go the great hard disk in the sky.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
          X