New Parhelia Drivers (.228)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Parhelia Drivers (.228)

Just posted today. Not sure what they address. See http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/dr...xp10002228.cfm
    Homebuilt Intel P3 933 Mhz, 512 Mb RAM, ASUS CUSL2-C MB, 400w TruePower Antec PS, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, WD 160 Gb Spec Ed HD, Yamaha 20x10x40 SCSI Rewritable, Toshiba 12x DVD, Parhelia 128 (replaced a G400MAX), Win XP Pro SP1 w/latest patches

New Gxxx drivers as well.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Any idea what the drivers effect?
      Fenrir(AVA)
      "Fearlessness is better then a faint-heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors.
      The length of my life and the day of my death were fated long ago"
      Anonymous lines from For Scirnis

Comment

Also, it changed from 1.226 to 2.228, is that something major?

Umf
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Well, they solved the gamma issue I was having in d3d.
          So they are good, doiing some testing today.
          P4 2,4@2,6 AsusP4T-533 C 512 mb PC 1066 Quantum Atlas 10KII SCSI ATI R9700

Comment

i guess this will probably the last driver for the g400. still nice to see the g400 wasn't abandoned yet
            no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

UT2003, is a few fps up

Comment

I'm downloading the G400 drivers now!
                Any other fixes or improvements in the Parhelia drivers?

Comment

228 did fix a MAJOR problem I had where if I tried to log into a limited account in Windows XP, it would bluescreen

Comment

No new win9x/ME drivers?
                    Tilable Desktop Backgrounds, perfect for DualHead: http://bg.rifetech.com/

Comment

think the only "improvement" in the g400 drivers is the parhelia banner at the beginning of the installation
                      no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Global Ops is faster then ever with the Parhelia, an other game which runs the best on this card.

I never saw GO running so smooth, I was always jerkey and difficult to aim, not anymore

Comment

And it keeps on gooing and gooing, C&C Renegade never played so smooth, framerates are lower then the GF4 but it's never jerkey, someone with a Parhelia try those games I mentioned, it's unbelieveble, these d3d games where always jerkey on both R8500 and GF4Ti4600, man you would allmost believe I'm a commercial reseller for Matrox but it's really the true, all those games play better then ever.

Redfaction is next.

Comment

JDK2 plays better to in surround mode, shorter loads times. Hopefully this is a good sign the drivers have a lot of potential to release with the card!! WOOT!!!
                            Fenrir(AVA)
                            "Fearlessness is better then a faint-heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors.
                            The length of my life and the day of my death were fated long ago"
                            Anonymous lines from For Scirnis

Comment

Fenrir how's surround gaming treating you? Are games playable or right now is the P barely getting the job done?

Comment

Working...
                              X