Help?! Parhelia troubles :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help?! Parhelia troubles :(

At first I thought this was Windowblinds or WindowFX to blame, but even after I had rebooted w/o them I saw this desktop. I currently have to run w/o the Matrox drivers...
    Attached Files

is this only with the matrox drivers? because those dots looke very much like corrupt hardware (memory) to me!
    no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

SNAP! take a look at <a href="http://www.murc.ws/Images/AntP.JPG">my Parhelia desktop</a> I'd get it replaced ASAP.

Comment

If the hardware was at fault, wouldn't I see it the problems elsewhere?

Comment

Reboot and see it that clears it up
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Try setting your motherboard to AGP 2x see if that helps - could be an incompatibility between the motherboard and AGP at 4x. Try taking all non essential cards out i.e all but video card.
            What do you want a signature for?

Comment

this is not an AGP issue, it's memory corruption.

Iso, saw your post on Matrox's forums. If this happens consistantly they'll have you RMA it asap.
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Presumably as in the memory isn't be read or written to correctly. That would account for the corruption, especially since a similar phenomonen can be seen when you overclock the memory too far on a graphics card. This has happened to me with my G400 though and turning the Agp speed down to 2x resolved the issue.
                What do you want a signature for?

Comment

Not to be mean or anything , but you have no experience with Parhelia.

Comment

LOL. Nice reply Greebe.

He's right though, other cards exhibit similar symptoms when the memory's being pressed to far. (GF4, hint, hint). Not that this necessarily means anything for the Parhelia, but it has been that way with practically every other card I've ever had (er, that I've bothered to try overclocking). This includes a TNT, a G400Max, a TNT2Ultra, a GF2GTS, and a GF3, prior to my current GF4. Notice, among that ton of nV cards that Matrox- it wasn't the exception.
                    "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                    Gainward Ti4600
                    AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Dare I say Snap as well

Mine happened after I installed "cough" sp1 1068

but a cold boot sorted it ,it seemed to happen when the drivers loaded

LE

Comment

Sounds like this problem might be a common issue, and not very serious. (At least when two other people see the post and reply with the same 'fix')
                        "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                        Gainward Ti4600
                        AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

i had the same problem with my g400 when i overclocked the memory i would get a bunch of artifacts on the screen.

i think thop is right. matrox might have gotten a hold of a bad batch of ram.

Comment

Mine is like this from boot, can't change anything in my BIOS as text mode is totally scambled so I can't read anything! Put another card in the system and set everything to defualt AGP2X etc but nothing helps.

Comment

i guess the memory doesn't like to be underclocked
                              no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Working...
                              X