R300 & RV250 Pics over at PCPOP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R300 & RV250 Pics over at PCPOP

PCPOP, a chinese site has posted a few board shots of the preproduction R300 and RV250.

SmoothVision II

Eeeeh, I think this should be posted in general hardware...
    ... or has matrox started to produce ATI boards?

Interesting pictures though.

Comment

Interesting pictures though.
      especially the last one!

Comment

Damn, it uses an extra floppy drive power plug !

Comment

hmm 6xFSAA. i want to see the 3dmark scores!
          no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Smoothvision II? Would this basically be Smoothvision I, but working?
            "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
            Gainward Ti4600
            AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Originally posted by thop
              hmm 6xFSAA. i want to see the 3dmark scores!
              The R200 could already do 6xFSAA, it looked great, but it was unplayable for the most games if you used higher resolutions than 640x480, even with the "performance" setting.
              I am wondering if they have improved Smoothvision, ATIs FSAA has always been behind nVidias performance wise, ATI offered better quality though.
              Specs:
              MSI 745 Ultra :: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ :: 1024 MB PC-266 DDR-RAM :: HIS Radeon 9700 (Catalyst 3.1) :: Creative Soundblaster Live! 1024 :: Pioneer DVD-106S :: Western Digital WD800BB :: IBM IC35L040AVVN07

Comment

Isn't anybody going to bitch about the size of the fan? Oh, wait, it's not a Parhelia, so that's okay.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

shoot that thing is HUGE... I'd bet it's double the size of the HS/fan setup that a Parhelia needs
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                    shoot that thing is HUGE... I'd bet it's double the size of the HS/fan setup that a Parhelia needs
                    LOL maybe because its running at a clock speed quicker then the Parhelia?
                    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Overall I don't understand why they keep putting small, just about adequate fans on cards. If you put a large fan, the chip runs cooler, less people will damage their cards by trying to exchange the fan into something more exotic, and a larger fan is more silent as well. The cost can't be that much bigger, can it?

Comment

Originally posted by GT98

LOL maybe because its running at a clock speed quicker then the Parhelia?
                        Well, it couldn't get any slower
                        Cheers, Reckless

Comment

Tempest: AGP specs?
                          Last edited by Goc; 5 July 2002, 11:00.

Comment

Yep,it's got to fit in the slot. Also, bigger fans would require pulling more power from the socket.
                            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

By those comments you guys think that Matrox builds their cards to provide and much cooling as possible when OCing?

Polease!
                              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X