Creative announces new Drivers for live,Audigy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative announces new Drivers for live,Audigy

However I looked at both europe driver page and Americas and they're not listed as yet.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Short quote from the site:

From what you can gather out of his post the new Live! drivers can be expected in a one to two weeks time frame. The Audigy drivers are to be released in August. However you can order the new installation CD for a small shipping fee right now. Also note that this new release seems to be equivalent to the drivers Compaq released in May 2002.
    [edit]
    just read the whole post and that struck me: "....The full install is over 300MB...."

300MB for soundcard drivers?
    [/edit]

Rakido
    Last edited by Rakido; 5 July 2002, 01:31.
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

I think thats for the whole shebang of extras Creative lump with the cards. Soundfonts, EAX stuff, CD Player etc etc.

NB : Personally I find the stock MIDI tables on the Live! series are awful! My old SB AWE32 had a fantastic set of MIDIs.
      If you use the soundfonts to install a better set of MIDIs, I reccomend "The Ultimate Soundfont" as base (about 21mb) and the "Joe Clean" guitar soundfont as extra.
      Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Another stupid manufacturer that presumes we're all one broadband.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

i think you can also order the cd for a very little fee of 50$ or so

ps. the url is ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp2...00/sp20920.exe
          no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

hm... It is posible to only install the drivers....

they don't take up that much space and use the built in mixers in windows....
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
            X