Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do i setup custom resolutions for a millenium 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i setup custom resolutions for a millenium 2?

ok, nobody at ars could really help much, so i'm asking here:

i've got a mill2 installed as a secondary display adapter. i would like to go to town with a few custom resolutions, but powerstrip really doesn't like that idea (i've never succeeded in getting custom resolutions on more than one display at a time - and i've already got them going nicely on my primary v5). the utilities on matrox's site are all for g200 and up. so where does this leave me?

hello? anybody? i tried adding the extra res directly into the registry (i found keys that would appear to have been added by powerstrip, so i moved them to another location where a bunch of resolutions were listed), but that didn't work...

surely there must be a program to do this, or instructions, or *something.*

only thing i've forgotten to mention is that it's win2k. oh, and the vram was upgraded to 12mb by the previous owner.

Comment

so. i've got a few possiblities here:

1: nobody is reading this. i know that's not the case, cause the thread has 71 hits right now, of which only two or three are from me.

2: nobody who is reading this is capable of responding. i don't really know what to make of this possibility.

3: those who are reading know how to solve my problem, but for whatever reason, aren't talking. this is the "rude buggers" option.

4: those who are reading don't know how to solve my problem, but believe others do, and are thus waiting for them to respond. is nobody willing to stick their neck out?

5: those who are reading know that there is no solution for my problem (at least under windows), but don't want to admit that cause it makes matrox look bad. this is the fanboy option.

well? which is it?

Comment

... how about I don't have any experience with the Millenium 2 nor have I tracked its issues?! Feel better now?
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

I really want 1280x960 from my Mystique.
            And my Radeon.

But I havent found anything in the registry to set resolutions for either.

Some cards have res. info in the .inf file, but Ive never gotten changes in there to work.

I still cant believe how poor support is for 1280x960. 1280x1024 is really pushing the limit of my monitor

Comment

Working...
            X