Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with DV files

Hi

I would like (like a lot of other people on this forum :-)) to make VCD's so I downloaded the trial version of the Panasonic encoder.
    My original source are DV tapes.

I have captured 3746 sec from a DV source using MSP 6 capture prog.
    The resulting AVI file is 13 GBytes and according to the capture program, it's a 24 bit 720*576 video with 16 bit 32 KHz stereo sound. Playback in the MSP 6 capture prog works fine.

When I try to play it back in MS Media Player, it plays well, but the size is now 360*288 and the reported file size is 457 MBytes! It seems as if all the frames are present and sound is also OK.

Now I have tried to convert the start of this huge AVI file to VCD/Pal using the trial version of the Panasonic MPEG encoder.
    I have tried using the whole file, and a small portion (33 sec) of it.
    When this file is 'selected' in the MPEG encoder, the reported framerate is 0.303 fps !!!!! and that is exactly what I get.
    The sound is OK, but the video consist of frames changing approx. every 3 sec !!!!
    The input file can not be 'previewed' by the encoder.

Any ideas why I get all these different 'info' on the same file, depending which program I'm using, and especially ... how can I get the correct framerate in the Encoder ??

Best regards
    Svend Erik

My system:
    PIII 500MHz / 128M
    Win2K pro, NTFS on all disks
    No name 1394 card using MS driver from Win2K
    MSP 6 + latest update/patch
Working...
X