Matrox Parhelia-512 and Displays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox Parhelia-512 and Displays

So, what would be the display on these monitors? If I am going to have a 17",20",17"... The display would be? These monitors are going to be CRT's is that a problem and is having the 20" in the middle make a difference or what will it do?
    AMD XP 2100
    (2x) 512meg's PC 2700 RAM
    LeadTech Nforce 2 MB
    ATI 9500 nonpro
    56x CDROM
    32x CDRW
    8x DVD
    WinTV 401 PCI
    V.92 Modem
    120 gig WD SE HD

I also would not mind knowing if three screen at independant refresh will work anytime soon? 2 15" and a 17" are a bit rubbish if the 15's are limited to 60hz
    hmmmmm

Comment

I believe (and please tell me if I'm wrong), that in TH all three monitors have to be running at the same refresh rate.

So if you set the refresh rate to 85hz, all three monitors have to work at that setting

Comment

With TripleHead, all three displays must be at the same resolution and refresh rate. This is a hardware limitation, and will not change.
        DualHead works as always, allowing independant res/refresh.
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Cool... Not a problem....
          AMD XP 2100
          (2x) 512meg's PC 2700 RAM
          LeadTech Nforce 2 MB
          ATI 9500 nonpro
          56x CDROM
          32x CDRW
          8x DVD
          WinTV 401 PCI
          V.92 Modem
          120 gig WD SE HD

Comment

Just to clarify what Kruzin has said;

Just because they have to use the same rez and refresh does NOT mean they have to be the same size. If you are on the cheap you can use a couple of el'cheapo 15" monitors on the sides and a larger one for the main display in triplehead.

For gaming this isn't much of a distraction, but for triplehead productivity work (video editing etc.) it IS distracting so you should use the same size for it.

Dr. Mordrid
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Dr Mordrid, you said the limitation was hardware. The problem wil dual-head was sorted with software is there any possibility of this being sorted or does it need a hardware refresh?
              hmmmmm

Comment

The issue with not being able to have separate resolutions/refresh rates was a Windows issue, and Matrox found a way around it. I don't know about the Parhelia, but if it's a hardware limitation it'll probably stay that way unless Matrox changes it.

Comment

Can you use a combination of an LCD and two CRT's or vice versa? LCD's don't have refresh rates like CRT's right?

Comment

You'd have to run the LCDs analogue, and the CRT at 60Hz (or whatever your LCDs use).

AZ
                    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
                    X