Anyone with time and RT-X100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with time and RT-X100?

I was wondering if anyone could make 2 MPEG2 encodes, to evaluate the progress Matrox made on MPEG2 encoding.

There's a standard PAL DV file for this, which can be dl'ed (75MB), for transcoding from Premiere. Better have a fast ADSL or Cable connection

For live recording from the video input, ideal would be to play this file via a camcorder's analog outputs, but another video would be good too - not sure if RT-X100 is available in PAL region already (as long as the other file's got some nice heavy motion, it will do too )

Format would be DVD conform, 720x576(480 NTSC), average 5 Mbit, max 9 Mbit, min 1 Mbit. VBR.

I trust the RT-X100 allows for proper variable settings for VBR?

If anyone's interested in trying this, let me know. Thanks in advance!

Neko

Motion video is useful for comparing motion compensation etc., but are difficult to use when trying to consistantly quantify things like Gibbs artifacts, which usually appear in gradients, around details & text etc.

I've found a more objective encoding test for non-motion related artifacts can be done if you use "pathological" bitmaps, meaning bitmaps with features that are hard to encode and prone to artifact generation. This makes it easier to objectively evaluate artifacts like Gibbs on a consistant basis, as well as pathological color combinations etc.

I have a set of bitmap renders in the works that show obvious differences between the RT.X100's realtime to HDD, Ligos GoMotion Pro (media export module), Ulead's MPEG.now and TMPGEnc Plus.

I should be posting them soon....

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
    X