Which is better?...16MB or 32MB Dually - SG or SDRam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is better?...16MB or 32MB Dually - SG or SDRam

Have a potential buy here and not sure if the 32MB is really required for office apps. Is the SDRam an easier o/clocker?

Don want a MAX as it was stated by HAIG that the Max wouldnt be compatible with my Rainbow Runner TV-VCR card.

Havent been keeping in touch - but has anyone got the G400 dually and RR to work with PC-VCR in WinXP (I have Corporate) or Win2000?

You will really want the 32mb's for Dual-Head. High-resolutions, overlay etc all take up a lot of memory. Not to mention games if u play any.

sdram and sgram on G400's oc pretty much the same. On other cards, such as Asus GeForce cards, sgram tended to oc less than sdram. Sgram is techinically supperior to sdram, but real-world performance is pretty much the same. Most retail G400's came with sgram, most bulk came with sdram.
    Primary system specs:
    Asus A7V266-E | AthlonXP 1700+ | Alpha Pal8045T | Radeon 8500 | 256mb Crucial DDR | Maxtor D740X 40gb | Ricoh 8/8/32 | Toshiba 16X DVD | 3Com 905C TX NIC | Hercules Fortissimo II | Antec SX635 | Win2k Pro

Comment

Got me a G4+MDH4A 32G.....

So now all I gotta do is work out how to clock this f#$ker

Comment

DL the latest MTSTU configuration app.

Moved to Matrox Hardware forum.
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Don want a MAX as it was stated by HAIG that the Max wouldnt be compatible with my Rainbow Runner TV-VCR card.

I did?

Comment

I did?
            No, never.

The MAX runs fine with the RR-G and PC-VCR (at least under Win9x, but that's another story), as do the other G400's.

Regards,
            Cart
            main system: P4 Northwood 2.0 @ 2.5GHz, Asus P4PE (LAN + Audio onboard), 512MB Infineon PC333 CL2.5, Sapphire/BBA Radeon 9500@9700 128MB (hardmodded), IBM 100GB ATA-100, 17" Belinea (crappy), and some other toys...ADSL (1,5mbit/s down, 256kbit/s up...sweeeeeet!)

Comment

Greebe - neat system....

Given 1. your the moderator
              2. your a Matrox Beata Tester...
              3. You have an overclocked XP water clooled mother...
              4. You have a hauppage TV setup...

What is your comparison of the quality of output and capture quality of the hauppage versus the PC-VCR.

I;ve been trying to stick with the PC-VCR to continue using the MJPEG codec which I find is much better than MPEG-1 and a little easier to rely on than MPEG2 "real-time" encoding (without an expensive HW board/chip).

I do understand as we move into the 3-4GB range that real time "quality" MPEG2 encoding via software will become more of a certainty - but what have you found?

Comment

Sorry - I meant GHz range...{nt}

nt

Comment

Before I fire up this Config Setup

What will it do - always check before firing up exe files...

Comment

Given 1. your the moderator
                    2. your a Matrox Beata Tester...
                    3. You have an overclocked XP water clooled mother...
                    And these make his eyes better how? hehe
                    Meet Jasmine.
                    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Working...
                    X