xp1700 @150(300 ddr)'1649'(pci=1/4)
    win2k
    128meg pc2100 genaric (2.6 v)
    matrox g200 waitin' for P
    matrox driver 5.0.2144.1(m$)
    matrox bios 0301-01 3.3 tv ntsc
    newest ali agp driver

dxdiag showes agp texture acceleration<> not avaiable

i have noticed that nvidia has a tuner/overclocker/options (riviatuner) that can enable the ali agp texturing

Question before i try it anyway and realy make a mess .......... will the riviatunner install without a nvidia card in the system .......will it mess with the g200 or p when i get it

ali agp utility doesn't seem to affect this
    ftp://ftp.aliusa.com/driver/agp_utility140.zip

one to add to the upcomming matrox oc utility !

thanks in advance
    cal

sandra mem: 2013/1864 next step is unlocking it ........ maybe
    another dawg basking in the sun

iwill xp333-r, xp2500@ 340ddr :need better ram

I would not suggest installing that app. It doesn't apply to your G200 and or may be only addressing this issue by a driver tweak only available to nVidia cards.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Check your AGP aperture size. I had a problem with my Asus A7S333 and my Radeon 8500 when I had it set to 256mb or higher.
      Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Yes indeed, try 128 or 256 megs and see if that helps with your problem
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

hi

this seems to be an ali chipset/driver isue that is plaguing the xp333 mb . lack of support from ali and iwill can make people quite inventive .

i'll try different apture sizes tomorow

thanks guys

Comment

If that doesn't work and you have the option to return still, go for a SiS745 chipset based MB... they are fast, stable, work flawlessly and best of all cheap (mine was $65)

see sig...

Comment

i posted the problem at biosmods.com where several of the guys run xp333's. maybe someone will check it out. if they (whoever made the tweek util) can turn it on from a tweek utility then it should be a simple setting , registry maybe . i guess i'll break out the hex editor .

If that doesn't work and you have the option to return still, go for a SiS745 chipset based MB
              Greebee you've been fighting with matrox stuff for how long and you suggest switching already!

this is a hobby for me so i'll find a way around it or through it in do time, besides i'm just finishing building a house and can't afford all the toys .............i want a > parhelia <
              and my xp333 is stable!

thanks
              cal

Comment

Cal, I've suggested switching out a relatively small market share mb which for the most part users in general do not like/has not recieved very good reviews/without much support only.

btw it's pronounced Greebe

Comment

sorry about the spelling greebe

closest i could find to a meanig:
                  search on page
                  please.......say it isn't so

i have suggested/purchaced this chipset for friends with with good results. yes they are snappy compared to the iwill's 10 to 20 second + delay on boot. but i like the raid features and the tinkering, and as before stability. my goal is a fsb greater than 200/400 ddr. and i know it's an ugly dawg right now ..........but is's my ugly dawg.

if i recall the local price for a sis chipset board was $129 CND.also something about a bata bios with oc capabilities.

thanks for your time , and the warning
                  cal

Cal, a 1-syllable boy's name of Anglo-Saxon origin, means: Bold.
                  Last edited by cal; 3 July 2002, 18:34.

Comment

Grebe with an added "e" ... is the same

Seeing that I'm not into UK slang git (just kidding , I prefer it is what it is...

One wierd bird

The MSI 745 Ultra has some really good potential via options in CMOS for OCing. They have more tweaks yet to address but also have been updating the BIOS regularly which is nice to see.

Comment

hmm.. just wondering whether the matrox utility can do anything with the g200..

(i never had the g200 hehe i skipped from the millenium to g400)
                      Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                      ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Working...
                      X