Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Birds of Prey TV series (based on the comic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birds of Prey TV series (based on the comic)

From the producers of Smallville;

Batman & Catwomans daughter (Helena Kyle/Huntress) teams up with a now paralyzed Barbara Gordon/Batgirl (now known as Oracle) and a psychic (Dinah Lance/Black Canary).

Helena: Ashley Scott

Barbara: Dina Meyer

Dinah: Rachel Skarsten

WB site: http://www.thewb.com/News/Special/0,...%7C%7C,00.html

Gotham Clock Tower (clips): http://www.gothamclocktower.com/

Hero Realm forum: http://www.herorealm.com/cgi-bin/ubb...ubb=forum;f=98

Trailer (DivX5): http://home.iprimus.com.au/aivic/bop_promo.avi

Wednesday nights at 9:00 PM EST on the WB network in Sept.

Looks like a babe-fest with tight costumes & action

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 2 July 2002, 20:42.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

interesting!
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Oh no!!!!!! Not this one.

Family Affair.

Joel
      Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
      Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Yeah...my wife saw that preview and just about freaked. She's a big fan of Tim Curry

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Tim Curry and... Lumbourg!

"Hell, Lumbourg ****ed her!"

"Mmm, yeeeeah. That'd be GREAAAAAT."

- Gurm
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

YVONNE CRAIG is Batgirl!!!

Kevin

Comment

Oh God.. poor Sebastian Cabot is turning in his Grave.

Comment

IMO

This is either gonna suck or be very interesting.

Comment

I don't even watch sitcoms/TV shows anymore. They've become....I dunno, too much of the same ol' bs.
                  System Specs:
                  Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
                  May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
                  Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
                  And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
                  just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
                  For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

The last one I watched more than occasionally was Dinosaurs and that wasn't exactly a normal sitcom. They at least attempted social commentary which is why they ultimately went off the air.

Comment

Well, I do watch Johnny Bravo sometimes. But I don't have a TV right now.
                      System Specs:
                      Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
                      May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
                      Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
                      And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
                      just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
                      For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

It begins with New Gotham in chaos. In one night, Catwoman is murdered and Batgirl falls in a rain of gunfire, victims of The Joker's wrath. With his true love dead, The Caped Crusader flees the city and Batgirl, now confined to a wheelchair, redefines herself as "Oracle" (Dina Meyer, Beverly Hills, 90210), a master of cybernetics and weapons design. She takes under her wing the secret daughter of Batman and Catwoman, "Huntress" (Ashley Scott, Dark Angel), who is as fierce as she is beautiful. Powerful, haunting visions lead a third young woman, Dinah (Rachel Skarsten, Virginia's Run), to their secret Clock Tower lair. The trio is complete. They are now the Birds of Prey, determined to battle crime in a New Gotham laced with bold new villains. Shemar Moore (The Brothers) also stars.
                        URK......

I'd rather have Batman dead than pictured as a greiving covard!

And "SuperPowers"!?!

Batmans and his companions lack of "Real" Superpowers was one of the strenght of the comic

Oracle and the psychic is ok

but really......
                        Hasent the Batman universe been trough enough bad writers?
                        Last edited by Technoid; 4 July 2002, 03:03.
                        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I don't know how canon it is, but what about Batman Beyond. Doesn't this conflict. Oh yeah it does, but they're trying to make money so of course it will work.

Comment

Re: Birds of Prey TV series (based on the comic)

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                            Looks like a babe-fest with tight costumes & action

Dr. Mordrid

Works for me then. that's really my only requirement for a show to be good.

Charmed for example. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
                            #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
                            people do all day!"

Comment

Originally posted by High_Jumbllama
                              I don't know how canon it is, but what about Batman Beyond. Doesn't this conflict. Oh yeah it does, but they're trying to make money so of course it will work.

I think they separate comic cartoon and live performance in different continuum...

In the up to 84-85 when most DC comix rebooted they where very restrictive and never ever allowed the character to "Change”!
                              After that DC comix was great!
                              Up to the point where they killed Superman and then revived him....(91 or was it 93!?!)
                              Then the quality of the stories seemed to go back to past 84...

Characters seemed to have multiple personalities all of the sudden...

WB Cartoons production:

The First Batman series was great,
                              Dead on characterising!
                              Good stories!
                              Great animating!

Second Batman series:
                              Lots of “out of character” behaviour from Batman and his “friends” (!?!) and his enemies.
                              Fewer good stories (Too much “paint yourself up into a corner” endings)!
                              Heavy Japanime animation! (do I have to say more?)
                              The Car Sucked! ( ;-) )

Superman:
                              Good characterising!
                              Good stories!
                              Good animating!
                              Unfortunately the Superman meet the “Second series” Batman and while they did accept each other I still believe that the “First series” would have become more friends than necessary allies….

Batman beyond:
                              That Bruce Wayne ended up, as a bitter loner without any real friends was no surprise after the second series….
                              What irks me is the “heart condition” excuse that is so used to keep Wayne on the expectators seat…
                              My grandfather is 76 he still walks 10 miles a day with his dog and I am still amazed by the fact that he can easily lift 300 pounds on the other hand he’s almost deaf ( I’d be happy if I could lift 150 pounds that easy )
                              So I don’t see the reason for every super hero over 60 to be almost handicapped…

Aside from that the series don’t suck that much (aside from that the Batsuit seemed to be much stronger empty then with Terry inside…)

Ah…
                              Enough ranting from me for now!
                              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
                              X