Don't beat me! P. driver question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't beat me! P. driver question

Like I said, don't beat me. Is there anyone here that can make any comments to me about driver stability of the Parhelia on a DUAL cpu config? I'm ready to buy/order, I will have to wait (or even go somewhere else in the most extreme case) if driver issues prevend me to run a stable system on my dual amd rig. My good ole G400 does great, but P is a different card with different drivers and I refuse to through ordeals like some of the ATI boys have gone through/are going through. I dont have the time for that, nor can I afford to have my system go down on me at random intervals.

Any of the BBz that can make any comment? Please?
    Tyan Thunder K7|2x AMD AthlonMP 1.2GHz|4x 512MB reg. ECC|Matrox Parhelia 128|Full specs

I can't remember which of us has a dual system. I don't see why there would be any problems with a Dual System.

What mother board and other hardware do you have in your setup???

Paul
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Wondering same thing, I have MSI K7D-Master, AMD 2000+ MP and 2 gigs of RDRAM. Any ideas if the drivers are stable under SMP solutions?
      Fenrir(AVA)
      "Fearlessness is better then a faint-heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors.
      The length of my life and the day of my death were fated long ago"
      Anonymous lines from For Scirnis

Comment

Maybe Haig can help you out, since he knows what boards have been tested with @ Matrox HQ?

Comment

I have a Tyan Thunder K7, 2x Athlon-MP 1.2, 4x 512MB PC2100, using onboard scsi (adaptec) and lan (3com), TBSC. Think that pretty much sums it up for the important parts.
          Tyan Thunder K7|2x AMD AthlonMP 1.2GHz|4x 512MB reg. ECC|Matrox Parhelia 128|Full specs

Comment

first ATI sux,

second the drivers of the parhelia will not be multithreaded , but they will work stable,

I asked it once at matrox.com
            Hey! You're talking to me all wrong! It's the wrong tone! Do it again...and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron

Comment

Never owned ATI other than the onboard rage chips, so no comment there. Its a good sign that they will run stable according to Matrox, however 'will' and 'are' are two different things. That could be handing them my money now or in 6 months. If someone, be it BBz, Haig or someone else can confirm, it will mean one less worry for me and a step closer to owning a P.

Comment

It would appear that Elie has a Dual Athlon 1800 with a Parhelia and the RT.X100....

AlgoRhythm

Comment

As Paul said, one or two of the BBz are running dual processor rigs. I can't recall seeing anyone report problems to the beta list regarding this sort of set up...
                  Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Great! I am all geared up and ready for the parhelia.
                    Fenrir(AVA)
                    "Fearlessness is better then a faint-heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors.

Comment

Hmm.. just cleaned my glasses. That definately improved visuall quality of my crappy gf3, but it still sucks. :P

Lets see if i can get a hold of Elie.

Comment

Kruzin: thank you! That definately is a mind easing comment .

Comment

Hi Guys,

Yes I'm the one running Dual AMD 1800+ on a Tyan S2460 without any issues regarding P.

Currently I'm editing using RT.X100 and Parhelia in TH mode, no problems to report.

What specifically where you looking for?

Regards,
                          Elie

Comment

The issue I was thinking about if the card ran stable in SMP systems, I have personally have had problems with ATI and Nvidia cards in SMP systems a few times. Just glad to know it runs stable, can not wait for the parhelia to be sent, just upgraded my shiping to next day air!
                            Fenrir(AVA)

Comment

Same here. Though i never had an ATI card, it took me (read nvidia!) about 6 months before I had a driver for that GF3 that ran stable on my dual. Nightmares from just rebooting by itself to the infamous nv_disp infinite loop error come to mind. In that respect, my good ole G400 was a relief too, since it is so wonderfully stable. Just dont want to go back to the nightmare seen with nvidia. (or heard of with ATI)

Comment

Working...
                              X