Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horz. & Vert. Jitter in Videostudio 4 Preview

Hello All,

I am having some trouble with project previews.

I have modified my "ulead32.ini" as shown on the "electric-eyes" site, so previewing individual clips works great. I have also modified my system to fixed swap, file cache, and various other NLE ops suggested on the Matrox web site. I am using a template set for 352/240, MJPEG,
    field order "B", 22khz stereo, 29.97 fps. When I try and preview the entire project there is a large amount of vertical and horizontal jitter somewhat similar to an old 8mm film going erratically out sync. I have tried setting the template to "frames" but this didn't help. I have searched the Matrox site and forums to no avail.

Hardware is as follows...

MB: ASUS P2B
    RAM: 256 Meg
    CPU: Celeron 333
    Video: Matrox Marvel
    Sound: SB32
    HD: 13G 5400rpm UDMA 33 Maxtor (sys disk)
    HD: 13G 7200rpm UDMA 66 Maxtor (NLE disk)
    HD: 13G 7200rpm UDMA 66 Seagate (temp/swap)

I am about ready to go off the deep end with frustration.
    Your help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TIA, Mike Lange

My understanding is that the tips published on electric eyes are aimed at MSP rather than VS4.

Having said that, I can't see anything that should screw it all up. You don't say whether you re using a G200 or G400 Marvel, and from the symptoms I'd say that it is probably a G400. Either way, field order shouldn't matter at the resolution you quote (at 1/4 screen and below the Matrox codec runs in frame mode instead of field).

I've successfully used VS4 with a Marvel (G200 in my case). Have you tried using recent drivers from Matrox ? They put a lot of work in at the beginning of the year to stabilise some jitter problems with the G400s

Comment

Idiot,

Thanks for replying. The card is a G200, and the OS is W98 SE. I am using the most current drivers and video tools for the G200 (5.55/1.54). I have also tried 1.42vt. I have re-installed both the video drivers/tools and Videostudio. Seems like I'm doing everything correctly??? Any fresh ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
      X