Counter-Strike and Parhelia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counter-Strike and Parhelia?

I play strictly one game. I am very intrested in surround gaming, so my question is:

Does Counter-Strike work well with Parhelia and surround gaming? (or half-life that is)

I heard that it works fine, I think the Icrontic review has some CS benches, and in some other review there have even been Triple-Head benchmarks of CS/Half-Life.
    Specs:
    MSI 745 Ultra :: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ :: 1024 MB PC-266 DDR-RAM :: HIS Radeon 9700 (Catalyst 3.1) :: Creative Soundblaster Live! 1024 :: Pioneer DVD-106S :: Western Digital WD800BB :: IBM IC35L040AVVN07

Comment

The review at neoseeker also has some CS v1.5 impressions.
      Last edited by KeiFront; 2 July 2002, 08:55.
      Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
      Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
      Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

It seems too good to be true. Can anybody confirm that you get true Surround Gaming with Parhelia? Countless of Hardcore CS players will buy this card of this reason alone!!! I know I will.

Or is it just normal 1600x1200 streched out to 3 monitors. That would be pointless and look retarded.
        Primary system specs:
        Asus A7V266-E | AthlonXP 1700+ | Alpha Pal8045T | Radeon 8500 | 256mb Crucial DDR | Maxtor D740X 40gb | Ricoh 8/8/32 | Toshiba 16X DVD | 3Com 905C TX NIC | Hercules Fortissimo II | Antec SX635 | Win2k Pro

Comment

Half Life and it's mods do NOT support surround gaming.
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

will there be any support for it and when? if so, i'll run down and buy one today!

Comment

Originally posted by Rimfaxe
              will there be any support for it and when? if so, i'll run down and buy one today!
              I don't know who said there will be a patch (Haig?), but I read TH should be supported.

Maybe it's good idea to sent an eMail to Sierra and/ or Valve.
              cu/2 magog - Germany - flying with OS/2 Warp speed...in a vehicle named eComStation (eCS)
              ---
              Author of the Java Movie Database - http://www.jmdb.de
              JMDB v1.35 FINAL is available (2007-09-20)
              Homepage: http://www.juergen-ulbts.de/

Comment

Does CounterStrike allow you to change FOV? I believe Valve think variable FOVs are cheating, so SurroundGaming....?
                Meet Jasmine.
                flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

The HL engine allows for changing the FOV. It does not allow for custom resoltions wide enough for surround gaming.
                  It will be up to Valve if they want to address this in a patch or not...
                  Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Surround gamming would give Parhelia users an incredible advantage over everyone, wheter they're experieced or unexperieced players.

I doubt Valve will do that. One of the reasons why CS is so popular is because any computer with a voodoo2 card or better can get more than playable frame-rates.

Forcing seasoned and casual players to buy a $400 card to compete will turn off way more players than even what CS 1.5 did.
                    Primary system specs:
                    Asus A7V266-E | AthlonXP 1700+ | Alpha Pal8045T | Radeon 8500 | 256mb Crucial DDR | Maxtor D740X 40gb | Ricoh 8/8/32 | Toshiba 16X DVD | 3Com 905C TX NIC | Hercules Fortissimo II | Antec SX635 | Win2k Pro

Comment

Does Quake and Quake2 support such wide resolutions?

What's wrong with CS1.5 btw?
                      Meet Jasmine.
                      flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

I don't think they would allow Surround Gaming to work. If they did, my friend would get banned from ALL the servers instead of the few hundred that he's banned from now if he gets a Parhelia

What's wrong with CS 1.x? Other than not being fun anymore, nothing is really wrong I guess.

Comment

I read a quote somewhere, from someone at valve or working on counter-strike , that they played CS with surround gaming and liked the feeling
                          :::muted:::

Comment

I'd expect so. Surround gaming must be great. but still unfair and until Nvidia has a card out with Surround Gaming, i doubt they'll implement it. Anything not Nvidia isn't "mainstream".

CS 1.5's new "physics" pissed just about everyone off. For some, enough for them to drop cs. For most, they either learned to like it or keep playing and compain that every death they have is because of cs 1.5.
                            Primary system specs:

Comment

What did they change? I haven't played CS since 1.2 or 1.3. The cheating scared me off enough to not come back.
                              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                              X