• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cornerstonre review at Anands

Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

What... they tested with an nVidiot card and never mentioned at what resolution the tests were performed... did I miss something?!
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Cornerstone used to be among the best CRT manufacturers, but why anyone would not buy a flat CRT these days is a mystery to me. I wouldn't have bothered reviewing the unit.

-[Ch]ams

Comment

Not everyone can afford a highend 21" monitor that's why Chams.

... more to come
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

I think I'd rather have a high end 19" over an entry level 21"

Comment

They tested at 1600 x 1200 I think at 85hz forced up from 75hz.
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Posted at Anadtech :
              1600 x 1200 is great, but what about users who really want to push the envelope and take it to 1920 x 1440? We were a little disappointed to not see more resolution options. However, considering the bang we are getting for our buck, 1600 x 1200 is OK.
              If he'd have used a Matrox Gxx series he could have customised his resolutions to the insane and really worked the monitor hard.

Do NVidia drivers not have this sort of function that Matrox drivers to, where you can customise refresh rates by 1hz at a time and choose resolutions independant of what Windows thinks?

PS : Greebe -
              Since the Cornerstone boasts being optimized for 1600 x 1200 at 85Hz (even though it really wasn’t), that’s what we ran the benchmark at. The color depth was set to 32-bit on a GeForce4 MX 420. For input we are using the OEM Cornerstone 3’ 15 Pin D-sub.
              Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Well since Matrox has still got the best 2D out there just, I think they should have used one to do the test.
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I can't believe they tested a monitor with a fookin' Geforce4 MX420.

amish
                  Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

They also reviewed the corporate 21" monitor, not the professional grade monitor. The 'p' line of Cornerstone monitors are awesome.

Using a GeForce card to test the video quality of a monitor is like using a 1/4 mile straight away to test the handling of a sports car.
                    anyone would not buy a flat CRT these days is a mystery to me.
                    CRT's are still superior to LCD's for gaming. They do have LCD's that are comparible to CRT's for gaming, but they come with a 4-digit proce tag at any decent size.

Jammrock
                    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Thx Rich

But I still have to laugh at the card they are using

Comment

Working...
                      X