no video out for mpeg2 with marvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no video out for mpeg2 with marvel

I have a Marvel g400. When I play an mpeg 2 file with mediaplayer 7 the video plays on the computer but nothing comes out of the video out of the breakout box: I think it used to work. Mpeg 1 files play fine, as does digital video. I have reinstalled mediaplayer but that hasn't helped. If I play the mpeg 2 file via ulead mediastudio 6.5's video capture program it does output to the breakout box. Also, quite often the sound and video are out of sync when playing mpeg1 via media player. Strangely: video encoded for svcd (480x579) at mepeg 2 will output. Is there a maximum size (resolution not time) for video that will output via the breakout box?

If the G400 is like my G200, you can enable "Show display on TV" in the Powerdesk advanced settings, "TV Output" tab. Now you can see Mpeg on your TV (view Full Screen in your player options), but note that the image does not "overscan" (visible black borders, often off-center).

Otherwise, the Marvel only sends Matrox MJPG encoded files to the TV via the BOB (unless I've missed something obvious...)

Kevin

(I think this is the reason other folks in these here parts brag up the "dual-head" so much.)

Comment

cheer for the reply: the G400 marvel doesn't have a tv out tab in the video properties.

I have been trying to put this post on the matrox forum but it says closed until Monday-today is Tuesday!

Comment

What version of Powerdesk/Videotools are you using? Mines PD 5.41 and VT 1.52, on Windows 98.

It may help to use the Matrox driver uninstall utility and reinstall new drivers. Play around with different PD/VT combos until it works.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
        X