Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error in AVI_IO: not enough ram

hello,

Capturing in AVI_IO, YUY2 full res works great, but when I try capturing HuffYUV in full res AVI_IO displays an error msg: not enough ram for the I/O buffers available.

I don't think that this could be correct since I have 256MB and these settings works in VirtualDub and MSPro 6.0... What is wrong?

What is I/O buffers by the way?

These are storage areas in the system RAM that AVI_IO uses for temporary data during captures.

Not having enough ram on a large system could happen if you haven't reigned in the Windows VCACHE. By default Windows sets up VCACHE to allocate almost all the systems physical RAM for disk drive caches at bootup. Unfortunately VCACHE doesn't give this RAM back to the system very nicely. As such memory intensive programs can often run short of physical RAM even if you have tons of if.

The fix is to go into the system.ini file and place some entries in the VCACHE area. Some suggestions;

[VCACHE]
    minfilecache=2048
    maxfilecache=10240
    chunksize=1024

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I did as you suggested but the fatal error remains...

What is wrong? what is to be done?

Comment

Ahhh...something just appeard out of the fog of this old addled brain. That's what I get for having a 2 year old in the house....

Are you using AVI_IO version D 02.39 or later? That is the version that is HuffYUV conmpatable and it works at 704x480. Earlier versions crap out at full frame even though they might work at lower rez's.

If you don't have at least D 02.39 you might want to give Markus Zingg a holler.

While you're at it you might want to pick up the latest 1.3.1 version of HuffYUV here;

http://www.math.berkeley.edu/~benrg/huffyuv.html.

These two work very well together for full frame YUY2 captures.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 18 June 2000).]

Comment

Working...
        X