New driver performance Impact?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New driver performance Impact?

I realize that very few people actually own the 'P'...But I realize that there are those lurking who received boards directly from Matrox.

For those of you that did receive boards, anything of note with regards to these latest drivers?

I think it would be a good thing if, for each driver release, there was some thread containing commentary on the driver...Performance impact, newer features enabled, etc.

Yes That Would be an excellent suggestion, it would enable the users to see if any improvemet or otherwise

LE

Comment

The problem is, they are usually several driver builds ahead of the current one out. And since they are under NDA, they cannot give out any info.

Dave
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

well, it wouldn´t suprise me, if real peopleTM, could get this card sometime next week, heck! those OEM parhelias that are being sold now must end up in somebodys machine, theoretically a murcer could have a brand new parhelia in his machine right now.
        this one seems to have a parhelia already: http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34215
        Last edited by TdB; 30 June 2002, 11:26.
        This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

I'll keep a log going hopefully of the ongoing performance of driver releases as soon as I have a working Parhelia.

Comment

How come there are so many people here lurking around this form with a parhelia but none comment on new drivers?????????
            Maybe there were no improvements.

Comment

Originally posted by Ant
              I'll keep a log going hopefully of the ongoing performance of driver releases as soon as I have a working Parhelia.
              What? Did Matrox send you a broken one?
              Thought thinks itself.

Comment

Well I got one but the board revision seems to have issues with my Abit motherboards so it ain't working. Apparently this one is not the final PCB revision which does not have these problems. Damn those Abits they cause me so much trouble!

Comment

The only people "lurking" aorund these forums with a Parhelia at present are the beta testers and as you have been told they cannot comment on performance issues. As soon as there are people around here with Parhelias then they will talk about the performance. Quit the conspiracy theories.

Originally posted by mikeul
                  How come there are so many people here lurking around this form with a parhelia but none comment on new drivers?????????
                  Maybe there were no improvements.

Comment

Originally posted by Ant
                    Well I got one but the board revision seems to have issues with my Abit motherboards so it ain't working. Apparently this one is not the final PCB revision which does not have these problems. Damn those Abits they cause me so much trouble!
                    LOL I was just commenting on how you phrased that sentence-- I didn't realize that you had actually already received your board and it wasn't working.

You might end up with a final revision now.
                    Thought thinks itself.

Comment

Technically speaking i't's not Parhelia's fault but the motherboards for not supplying the correct AGP voltage at boot, several graphics cards seem to have such issues judging by the FAQs on the Abit site. But I should stress again this isn't a problem with the final Parhelia PCB revision. I have two systems both with Abit motherboards both which display the same problem

Comment

Ah, I see. I hope you get the card up and running soon enough-- it's about time Matrox gave you some toys to play with.

BTW, what was the "something special" ROM mentioned? Or if you told us would you then have to kill us?
                        Thought thinks itself.

Comment

I'd have to kill you

Comment

Originally posted by Ant
                            I'd have to kill you
                            LOL Fair enough.
                            Thought thinks itself.

Comment

is it thing worth killing for?
                              no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment