Why should this be so?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why should this be so?

Add to this the new iteration of Matrox's Powerdesk software (that requires Microsoft .NET framework to run, it's available on the driver CD or at Microsoft's website) which provides easy to use controls for all of these options and you've got a pretty nice setup. But, how well does it run?
    From http://gear.ign.com/articles/363/363506p1.html
    Can I Have my Matrox Powerdesk that Doesnt require M$ .Net framework?
    Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
    ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

No, you can install just the drivers without .NET, but you don't get any powerdesk.

.NET was chosen because it's very flexible and easy to code for I guess.

Comment

but will there be a powerdesk for win9x?
      This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Wonder how long it will take before M$ decides that their next OS requires a 100MB conection???
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

TDB,

Many manufacturers aren't supporting Win9x any more. Turtle Beach has specifically discontinued all but WDM drivers for their cards. Let's face it - Win98 is 4 years old. Time to move on.

- Gurm
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

I know it is old, but i want to wait just a little longer, perhaps untill winXP SE, there has been to many rumors of a second edition, for me to buy a new OS now.
            besides there is still comming new win9x drivers to the hardware I have in my own computer.
            And matrox says that parhelia win98 drivers are "comming soon", the question is just, how functional they will be.
            winME(yes, i know it is inferior, but still) is actually newer than win2000 BTW.
            Last edited by TdB; 30 June 2002, 06:44.
            This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Many manufacturers aren't supporting Win9x any more. Turtle Beach has specifically discontinued all but WDM drivers for their cards. Let's face it - Win98 is 4 years old. Time to move on.
              ...And a manufacturer isn’t supporting WinXP...

Matrox disconnected the WinXP drivers for Marvel G400, a 3 years old card...
              Where is the logic?

Fred H
              It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
              ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Logic does not seem to have anything to do with the computer buisness
                If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Rather, logic doesn't seem to have anything to do with Matrox.
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

i guess matrox and MS are working sth. out ...
                    no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

and matrox released a win XP driver for the original Millenuim card not long ago..

Comment

It's not logic.. it's what M$ bribes, cajoles or bullies companies to support or discontinue support of

Comment

Working...
                        X