Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone needs .13 micron

And is not Parhelia

Seems to me that NVidia's current stock problem is caused by a little nice problem they are having.

NV30 doesn't work

I was reading this morning that the new NVidia GPU will be really late because they have the need of .13 micron, but that kind of process is still too much unreliable. So they had to stick with the .15 micron to do some test...rotfl!
    Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Did you read the link that Doc provided in TCB?
    At Yahoo Finance, you get free stock quotes, up-to-date news, portfolio management resources, international market data, social interaction and mortgage rates that help you manage your financial life.

Thursday's drop came after a 5.2 percent decline on Wednesday following a revenue warning from Cirrus Logic Inc. (NasdaqNM:CRUS - News) because of a shortfall in production of chips for Microsoft Corp.'s (NasdaqNM:MSFT - News) Xbox video game console. Nvidia makes the graphics chip for the Xbox.

Ryan, Beck & Co. analyst Brian Foote said in a research note on Thursday that Nvidia's growth in unit sales was being undercut by a decline in the prices it charges for its chips.

Foote also said he expected some discounting of products in the next two weeks by both Nvidia and its primary competitor, ATI Technologies Inc. (Toronto:ATY.TO - News; NasdaqNM:ATYT - News).

"If Xbox sell-through remains below expectations," Gomberg said, "we believe it must eventually be felt by (Nvidia), which derives 15 percent of its revenues from the console."

He also said AMD's warning of soft sales could lower sales of Nvidia graphics processors, since the two companies are closely linked. Like Nvidia, AMD sells chips used in personal computers.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Re: Someone needs .13 micron

Originally posted by Drizzt
      NV30 doesn't work
      ROTFLMAO!!!
      I'll buy a new card Soon™, very Soon™!
      + =

Comment

Working...
      X