Premiere Frameserving Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premiere Frameserving Problem

Hi there. I am experiencing the following problem when frameserving from Premiere :

I have installed the Video Server plugin and everything is normal till I export the video from premiere. However, when TMPGEnc tries to pick up the served .avi (IRCServer.avi), it gives me an unsupported format error. ("File cannot open or unsupported").

What am I doing wrong ?

I have tried disabling the Direct SHow in VFAPI plugin but still no luck...

Any help ?

BTW, which frameserver is better for exporting from Premiere : Video Server plugin or Avisynth ?

Video Server is better if it's working.

What version of Premiere/TMPGEnc/Video server are you using?

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I am using Premiere 6.0 , TMPGEnc 2.01.30.116 and Video Server plugin v. 0.93 (installer version).

Comment

There were a few builds around TMPGEnc 2.0 +/- that wouldn't frameserve at all. You might want to download the current trialware version of TMPGEnc Plus (ver 2.56), and see if that works for you. It really is worth the cost of licensing it.

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I will try that. Thank you Doc.
          However keep in mind that I can frameserve from VDub into TMPGEnc without any problems.

Comment

UPDATE : I fixed it by turning off the VDub frameserver (I was dymb not to read the FAQ on the Vdeo Server site and bother you here).

What I want to ask now is this :

Te captured video is 704x576 and should be downsized to 352x288 to fit the VCD standards.

Which resize filter is better in quality for that purpose ?

VDub resize filter or TMPGEnc filter ? (Should I feed the 704x576 video directly into TMPGEnc and encode it to VCD or shoud I pass it through VDub's resize filter first ?)

Cause if VDub is better at resizing, then I should figure out how to have both frameservers enabled so as to export from Premiere into VDub, apply the filter, and then export from VDub into TMPGEnc.

Comment

I think VDub has the best resize filter out there. A lot more configurable atleast.
              WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

I concur, but for 90% of projects it doesn't matter much.

Dr. Mordrid
                Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Hmm, so does anyone know if both frameservers (Video Server and VDub frameserver) can be enabled at the same time ?

Comment

Working...
                  X