Crazy Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Day

I got up around 6, turned on my monitor for my main toy > "NO SIGNAL" - a little trouble shooting and a swap of cpu's tells me my P3_800 is fried, so I get to play UT with a P2_333 for awhile since my P4 toy has a dead power supply.

So I decide to check my email on my server > It decides it wants to randomly reboot with STOP 0A, STOP 8A, etc... - Try two diffeent HDDs and reimage 2k with ghost real quick, play musical DIMMs, makes no difference. Great - looking like a MBD replacement most likely. Well, I guess that's what I get for spending years bragging that my hardware never has problems.

So I turn on my laptop and see my girlfriend online and figure at least I'll be in a good mood after talking to her for awhile. Instead, she tells me that she has to cancel our dinner date for tonight because she is going over to a friends house for the night. She also lets m know that this new friend is a guy, and she is going to Australia with him for about a month. Hmm... super.

So on my way to school my brake light comes on and won't go off. After class I stop by my parents' house to use their garage to replace my brakes, and notice that both of my front struts are blown, the strut mounting plates are toast, and my front tires are so bald on the inside that threads are sticking through. #30 brake job just became a $300 suspension job. Ok, guess maybe I should've checked the suspension earlier.

I also realized that my Husky seems unusually mellow, then I notice him limping. My car is in pieces on jackstands at this point, so I call my parent's on their cells - My mom finally answers on the fourth attempt and I ask her if they can come home ASAP so I can use my dad's truck to take Kiska to the vet (I'm assuming that since there is a rental in front of the house that her car is in the shop). She lets me know that that's a big no-ca-do because she totalled it this morning. I guess borrowing it to go camping with friends tomorrow like previously planned is out of the question.

So I tear through their house and find the rental keys in the dining room, and rush Kiska to the vet - diagnosis = torn ligament, surgery required - he's there for the night right now.

Sometimes I believe in kharma, and am convinced I must've drowned kittens or something in a previous life. SHEESH!

Well, I guess as a silver lining, at least it got my mind off the Parhelia arguments for awhile

EDIT: Here's the icing on the cake... I finished the brakes and took it for a test - 0-30-0-60-0-90-0 as fast as I could. Seemed ok, but then in my brilliance I decide to make sure the front is actually grabbing like it should, so decide the best way to make sure is to reach inside the wheel and feel if the rotor is hot. Fifteen minutes of soaking my blistered finger in ice water later I decided to officially announce my candadicy for the Darwin award
    Last edited by seether; 28 June 2002, 19:48.
    Yes I drive a 13yr old Volkswagen; Yes I'm a dirt poor college student; Yes every tank of gas is more $$ than the value of my car, but it is FUN to drive, so I don't care about your ego or how much your car cost, if you insist on going the exact same speed in the passing lane as the car next to you for 10 minutes, stop being a self righteous ass, move the hell over and just let me by!!!

DUDE. that ****ing SDUkes
    www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Wow.

Comment

when it rains it pours!
        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Yeah,

I didn't mean to whine to you guys, but it definitely poured today, so I fugured if I posted it I'd get it out of my system. The way things went today, I was expecting a couple dozen "What a loser" replies followed by a "Your IP has been banned, so f#@k off!!"

Maybe someone with a slightly annoying day will feel better after reading it (especially my real intelligent move of burning my finger ) .

Thanks for putting up with my rant guys
          Yes I drive a 13yr old Volkswagen; Yes I'm a dirt poor college student; Yes every tank of gas is more $$ than the value of my car, but it is FUN to drive, so I don't care about your ego or how much your car cost, if you insist on going the exact same speed in the passing lane as the car next to you for 10 minutes, stop being a self righteous ass, move the hell over and just let me by!!!

Comment

Man I hate when stuff goes south on ya when you least expect it too. I got an extra Antec 300watt and an el cheapo 250 watter powersupply on the floor somewhere if I could remember where they are??
            Hardcore PC gamer with a sweet tooth for EXTREME eye candy!

Comment

Ouch, kinda makes me feel lucky to only have my car totaled today. I got rear-ended while trying to turn left at an intersection; only had the car for a month and a half or so too. Fortunately fault is 99% likely to lie with the other driver and I will get compensated from his insurance. Fortunately I was able to secure train reservations to go see my GF in a few days (I was originially going to drive, but that's not an option now).

The good thing is that noone was hurt, just rather badly shaken up.

Comment

Working...
              X