Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVDMax not working (inconsistent)

hi all,

I've got a g400Max Dualhead in my Win2k athlon 1.33 ghz system and am having trouble getting DVDMax to work consistently.

If I disable it (DVDMax), reboot then enable it, it works fine for .avi's stored on the harddrive but I can't for the life of me get it to work for dvd's. It gives me DVDMax enabled but not active status. I'm using WinDVD 3.0

The thing is, when I first hooked up the other monitor a week or so back, I spent a couple of hours playing dvds and the card picked up the video stream and dvdmaxed it out to the secondary display, no problem at all. I haven't changed anything since, but now it won't play on the second screen (works fine on the primary display). I've tried dragging and resizing the dvd window on the primary monitor in an effort to get the card to recognise that there is a video stream playing but this has no effect. I can't work it out.

Has anyone else had this problem?

From reading up as much info as I could find, the card needs to detect a video overlay stream and some video formats simply don't have one. Is there a way to force it to dvdmax?

tia,

nathan
    poison...poison...tasty feesh.
Working...
X