Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish Tank Screensaver

Quick question for Parhelia owners!
    Ok, so maybe no-one will reply to this because I aren’t ranting/raving about benchmarks, but just in case:
    Can the Reef Demo be set as a screensaver? That was my biggest gripe about the Nvidia Demos, looked great, but utterly unable to be set as screensavers. The only screensaver they released was a crappy one with a few bitmaps of the wolfman! What the hell is the point of that? All you need is some screensaver code at the top of the application, and rename it to .scr, and bingo! (Of course, not being a programmer, I could be talking out my backside!).
    Also, has anyone tried running Nvidia demos on the Parhelia, especially the Squid demo! How did they run?

Come on, someone reply with some real info please…

Go on…

Please!
    Life is a ride
    Like days on a train
    Cities rush by
    Like ghosts in the night

I'm pretty certain I read somewhere (in the AtomicMPC article I think), that the reef demo can be used as a screensaver........

Comment

Nope. No screen saver option in the fish demo.
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Ooops, sorry. I just found the article - I was thinking of the Icrontis review, and he said he hopes they would turn it into a screen saver........

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin
          Nope. No screen saver option in the fish demo.
          That's quite strange considering Dan Wood said it makes a great screensaver here

The Reef demo is included in the box with every Parhelia that we ship. As a side note, it makes a great screen saver

Comment

Thanks

Having read the ExtremeTech review again, that was the quote that was sitting at the back of my mind.......

Comment

Great, thanks for that guys!

Now, the second question:

How does the Pahelairun the Nvidia demos??

Just curious!

Life is a ride
              Like days on a train
              Cities rush by
              Like ghosts in the night

Comment

.exe file as screensaver

Any .exe file can be renamed to a .scr file and then be used as a screensaver, maybe one of the BBz can test if it works on the demo as wel.
                Now what was my sig again......

Comment

The P runs the Nv demo v well - was tested in one of th emore favourable P reviews and the P nuked the Nv in the P test, and did v well in the Nv test
                  G400 32 D/H, PIII650@840, ABIT-BE6II, MX300

Comment

You can execute it and just let it run but it can't be setup through windows to auto start after a certain time frame. But then again someone I'm sure will find a way to do it. It can be set to run continuously.

Joel
                    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

can you put the fisk take screen saver out on the web please..
                      AMD XP 2100
                      (2x) 512meg's PC 2700 RAM
                      LeadTech Nforce 2 MB
                      ATI 9500 nonpro
                      56x CDROM
                      32x CDRW
                      8x DVD
                      WinTV 401 PCI
                      V.92 Modem
                      120 gig WD SE HD

Comment

Originally posted by iampedro
                        can you put the fisk take screen saver out on the web please..
                        I think the demo is pretty large, especially 56k users will have a long time to download it. I guess it should be around 50-70mb.
                        Also you need a Parhelia to run it at a decent speed and without any problems, and I highly guess that it is on the Matrox CD which you get when you buy the P.
                        Specs:
                        MSI 745 Ultra :: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ :: 1024 MB PC-266 DDR-RAM :: HIS Radeon 9700 (Catalyst 3.1) :: Creative Soundblaster Live! 1024 :: Pioneer DVD-106S :: Western Digital WD800BB :: IBM IC35L040AVVN07

Comment

Instead of writing an essay about how long it takes to download, please upload or give us some high-quality screenshots.

Thanks,

/ Z

Comment

It will only run on Parhelia, as it uses displacement mapping.
                            And there have been a bunch of screen shots posted, you just have to look for them.
                            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Click me!

Here is the thread with all the nice screenies. Unfortunatly there are many broken links
                              Specs:
                              MSI 745 Ultra :: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ :: 1024 MB PC-266 DDR-RAM :: HIS Radeon 9700 (Catalyst 3.1) :: Creative Soundblaster Live! 1024 :: Pioneer DVD-106S :: Western Digital WD800BB :: IBM IC35L040AVVN07

Comment

Working...
                              X