Monitor troubles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor troubles.

Anyone ever had this problem before? I have 2 ViewSonic G90fb 19" monitors running on a Visiontek gf4 Ti4600. The problem I am getting is flickering on one of the montiors, and if I jiggle the cables on the back of the monitor it stops for a while then will reacurre....any ideas?
    Fenrir(AVA)
    "Fearlessness is better then a faint-heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors.
    The length of my life and the day of my death were fated long ago"
    Anonymous lines from For Scirnis

Sounds like a bad connection, maybe in the cable, in the monitor or in the plugs.
    Try switching the monitors to see if it's the monitor or the cable and clean out the plugs.
    "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

I checked the connector pins, but unfortunatley I can not remove the VGA cable from the monitor, and if I jiggle the joint were the VGA cable connects into the monitor, it fixs it.......any idea how much it coasts to fix a 19" monitor, and any suggestions as to were?
      Fenrir(AVA)
      "Fearlessness is better then a faint-heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors.

Comment

One thing I have discored is if I increase the monitors refreash rate to 85hz it does it less....but it is still there.
        Fenrir(AVA)

Comment

Does giving the monitor a slap on the side fix this? If so, it IS a bad connection - would probably be easy to fix for yourself, but I didn't have the courage to try and fix it myself when it occured to my beloved Iiyama 17" - only happens once every week or so, and goes away with slapping it around a bit Has been this way since over a year (just after the three year warranty had run out ), and hasn't gotten any worse since, so I think fixing it is wasted money - try putting something under the cable or taping it to the monitor to hold it up as a quick fix.

Fixing this won't cost all that much, but shipping AND fixing it, along with not having the monitor for some time, would be too high a price IMHO.

Hope this helps

BTW I'd always go for Iiyama if you want great customer service!

AZ
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

did this just start happening?

It may be worth separating them more or reorientating them as they may be interfereing with each other, chaning the refresh usually helps in a situation like that(as you already shown)

Comment

Working...
            X