X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like what 3D chipset said

They have 2 news links:

1. Do you let Carrmack decide for you

2. Parhelia 3D mark 2001 SE high quaility beats the high and mighty G4 4600http://www.3dchipset.com/

Wow, I've never gotten such a good first impression from a hardware news site before!

And no, it's not because they praise the P, but because of this:

Originally posted by 3dchipset.com
    Is it me or has the reviews of this card been, well typical? I don't mean to harp on anyone doing the review, but it seems to me that the testing of this card has been all wrong. Unlike some websites crying and not even posting Matrox related material today because they didn't get a card to review is comical at best. It's really sad to see people piss and moan because they didn't get invited to the party! lol.
    It doesn't praise, nor complain about the P, but rather complains about the trend we're seeing with hardware sites these days...

We've all seen the way [H]|OCP posts P news, but for the life of me I can't see why when nV News can post something like this:

Originally posted by nV News:
    If you were to evaluate this board based on nVidia's own testing methodology, you would come away crowning this chip a true champ. Why? Because, _nobody_ cares about standard benchmark results anymore. nVidia has already gone on record stating this fact countless times, and this will certainly continue with NV30. We're well past/beyond the days of bad-IQ performance. If I'm going to spend some money, I want to know that I can actually crank up the features and still play the game. In this regard, the Parhelia has won.
    And nV News' slogan is "A great source for NVIDIA related news..."

'nough said!

Comment

Re: I like what 3D chipset said

Originally posted by DRED
      They have 2 news links:

1. Do you let Carrmack decide for you

2. Parhelia 3D mark 2001 SE high quaility beats the high and mighty G4 4600http://www.3dchipset.com/

1. One of the best things I read today! Thanks. I think this guy is absolutely right, I mean JC isn't somekind of god or anything like it. Just because he says that the Parhelia isn't as good as a Radeon 8500 or GF4 doesn't mean that it's bad.

2. Pretty interesting, I am not a fan of 3dMark results though. But it demonstrate what Matrox mean "with all eyecandy enabled"....
      Specs:
      MSI 745 Ultra :: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ :: 1024 MB PC-266 DDR-RAM :: HIS Radeon 9700 (Catalyst 3.1) :: Creative Soundblaster Live! 1024 :: Pioneer DVD-106S :: Western Digital WD800BB :: IBM IC35L040AVVN07

Comment

Ya shoot! I mean what does this Carmex guy know anyway!

dj
        My Packurd bell 166Megahurtz runnin at 233 on a ABIT ITH5 muther board,
        128MB EDO ECC RAM and a hole bunch of other cool stuff.

Comment

Mr Carmack only designs some of the most advanced scalable game engines to date that all. But yes I think the enduser consumer needs to determine what he or she will need in the end in terms of a G-cards overall power and features.
          Hardcore PC gamer with a sweet tooth for EXTREME eye candy!

Comment

Working...
          X