X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avi Won't Open in Premiere !!!

Hi there guys...

Yet another problem with Premiere 6.0

I can't open an .avi file with Premiere. I hit on File --> Open and double clic on the .avi file however the program then crashes and doesn't open the file into the clip Window...

The weird thing is than when I do File ---> Import, then the .avi file is opened as usual, however it opens in the Monitor Window.

Why can't I open .avi files in the Clip Window of premiere ?

Has anyone faced any similar problems ?

The most weird thing is that a few hours ago, everything was working normally... All I did since then is Reinstall my Matrox G450eTV Drivers and Video Tools...

What can i do to solve the problem... I uninstalled and re-installed Premiere but still no luck...

Thanks in advance.

Try deleting the prem60.prf file in the Premiere installation folder. This will force Premiere to re-scan its resources, at which time it *might* pick up the Matrox codec again.

Unfortunately this will also mean you'll have to reset all your scratch drives etc. when you restart Premeire.

This is one of the major annoyances of using Premiere.

The other is that you should also turn down the number of undo buffers to 3-5 else it'll eat half of your physical RAM after a long edit, slowing Premiere down to a crawl.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I just tried what you suggested, however it didn't work... I have noticed that the problem happens only with the YUY2 Matrox avi files... All other avi files open flawlessly in the Clip Window...

However, Premiere flawlessly recognizes the Matrox YUY2 codec and displays it within the other codecs I have in my system and the problem only occurs when I try to load the .avi in the Clip window !!!

This problem is a real pain and I really don't know why it suddenly popped up out of nowhere...

Any suggestions on what to do next ?Is there a way to seperately uninstall and re-install the Matrox Codec so as to see if it will help ? (which I doubt)

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
      X