Ulead media studio 6.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ulead media studio 6.5

I am currently trying out a Trial version of MS 6.5.
    It completley ignores footage above 8mins 33 secs!!! I mean I can have a clip 20mins long - it will only see the first 8min 33 secs.
    I can put several clips behind each other but each one will show a maximum of........8.33mins.
    Is this a limit reserved to the trial version, an incorrect setting somewhere or is it the norm??
    Thanks

How big are your captured AVI's? Ensure they are less than 1GB and all will be well.

Rob.

Comment

I capture in 5,6 or 7 GB clips. I use win NT so no 2GB limit.
      Only MStudio fails to recognise the bigger files.
      Do you think that this is normal?
      In that case Premiere 6 is better since it does not give me this problem.

Comment

I always had this problem with MSP regardless of filesystem or OS. I use Premiere with RT2000 these days so it's not an issue for me, but AFAIK this is "normal" - anyone else??

Comment

MediaStudio Pro 6.5 supports huge files.

I have the software loaded on three computers.

All of my computers are running Windows 2000.

All of my hard drives are configured to NTFS.

So - bottom line - I can capture virtually unlimited file sizes clear up into the terabyte range if I had enough space.

Those files can be inserted into my MediaStudio Pro timeline without a problem.

.AVI file size limitation on Windows 95, 98, 98SE, and ME are due to limitations within Windows in addition to limitations imposed by one's file system, i.e. FAT 32.

As for the specific problem related to the trial download, it's possible the trial version has a limit hardwired into it.

But I know for a fact no such limit exists in the commercial version.

You haven't even stated which operating system you're using or whether your hard disks are configured to FAT 32 or NTFS or whether you're capturing analog or DV.

Without such information, responses to your question are basically 'guesses.'

Jerry Jones
          I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Comment

Hi Orbital,

I also had the same problem but have fixed it. I have changed a file but I do no recall which. Now it will accept up to 2 Gig. (the limit).

If you do not solve the problem give me a call this evening on 21443733 and I will let you know.

Regards,

Debbie
            We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

Debbie

MSPro can handle 4GB DV files in FAT32 systems & virtually unlimited in Win 2000\XP NTFS file systems.

Regards

John

Last edited by johnpr98; 28 June 2002, 00:09.

Comment

Hi johnpr98

I was refering to MJPEG's on Win98 SE. FAT32.
                Is'nt 2 Gig. the limit in avi on Win98 ?
                I have just moved to DV, thanks for the info.

Debbie

Comment

This is precisely why I switched to Windows 2000: Support for NTFS drive formatting and unlimited file sizes.

Windows XP also supports NTFS drive formatting and large file sizes.

If you're still using Windows 98, 98SE, or ME then you'll run into the problem again and again.

Jerry Jones

Comment

Hi Jerrold Jones

I had stated that I was capturing >2GB files in my second post in this tread. So its obvious that I am not using Win 98.

I am infact using Win 2K, capturing DV on NTFS.

I spoke to Debbie on the phone and suggested some hints. MS 6.5 still refuses to recognize the 12830 th frame (8min 33sec X 25 FPS). The file size would be 1.8 GB. Still not 2GB.

I thank you for your suggestions and appreciate any others that you might have.

Orbital

Comment

Orbital wrote:

"I am currently trying out a Trial version of MS 6.5."

Since most of us use the actual product and not the trial version, I don't think we know for certain if there's a file size limitation in the trial version or not.

So that question should probably be directed to Ulead.

What we *do* know is that there is *no* file size limitation in the actual product.

I capture and insert very large DV files all the time without any difficulty as I am using Windows 2000 with NTFS formatted drives.

The real version of MediaStudio Pro 6.5 and the VideoStudio 6.0 product both support large file sizes in conjunction with this type of hardware configuration.

In your second post, you seemed to indicate that you were using Windows NT.

Your latest post suggests you are - in fact - using Windows 2000.

Not that it matters.

You're experiencing a problem that is not typical of the real product version.

Again - the trial download that you're using may have such a limitation and that question could be answered by Ulead.

Here's their contact page:

Turn your life’s best moments into stunning movies with Corel VideoStudio! Get creative with drag-and-drop stylish templates, artistic filters, titles, transitions, and the whole palette of advanced editing tools. Get your FREE trial.

Jerry Jones
                      Last edited by Jerry Jones; 28 June 2002, 17:08.

Comment

Yeah .... And doesn't Premiere suck dead dogs dix !!

I intend in getting Rt2500 sooner or later, but I WONT be using AP, Would be nice if Matrox gave an option on which edit software it bundled with it.
                        Paul ... Peterborough ..Uk

....Ex- Perth ...WA .....

The ( EX) Forrestfield Flyer

Comment

Hi Debbie

I havnt recieved your email yet. Sun 30th 23.00hrs.

Thanks

Comment

Rethink that RT-2500 in favor of an RT.X100, unless the $ difference is a big deal. You get a lot more bang for your buck with it.

Unfortunately you have no option but to use Premiere with either RT product. Hopefully Matrox will get its act together and realize that they have all their eggs in one basket by only supporting one editing program.

Not smart

Dr. Mordrid
                            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 30 June 2002, 19:14.
                            Dr. Mordrid
                            ----------------------------
                            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Hi orbital,

I was suspecting that my e-mail did not reach you and will try to send it again to day.

I had no problems with TMPGEnc to encode DVD in 760x576.

If you feel like it feel free to call me at around 2:30 PM

Regards,

Debbie

Comment

Working...
                              X