OCing the Parhelia yet??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCing the Parhelia yet??????

Has anyone been able to play with Parhelia driver settings and OC the card yet. I would love to know how it scales at higher speeds. With the 256bit architechture, it may be hard to tell how the chip will scale without really doing it. Maybe if someone can do it, it may finally answer the question about canceling current Parhelia orders and waiting for a faster version of the card.

- Yeah im interested in this too. What Heatsink was on the Alpha Card? And could we mimic that if we want? How would you attach a larger Heatsink to the card? -
    - ? -

Comment

yup me to memery chip are 3.3 ns how high can they go on paper specs ?? anybody ???
      specs p4 2.8@3.2Ghz Giga byte xnpbla bla 2x80GbHD Raid 0 creative audigy iiyama vision master 502 (21inch) a logitech mx700
      video is ati 9700pro modded to 9800 speeds volt mod ect ect

Comment

3.3 ns is 300 MHz
        "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Sinistral> The P has 4 holes which you can use to attach the hsf... You might even be able to use a socket A cooler... (Can anyone imagine an alpha on that card?!? )

Comment

It actually has 2 holes.
            They are the same distance apart as the ol Gxx0 heat sinks, but reversed on the sides the mounts are on. I looked at mouning my old larger G200 HS/F on my P, but the holes where backwards.
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

- That sounds pretty cool. Kruzin, just by looking at the card. Is it possible to mount a nice big Heatsink on it? Say a Socket A cooler? -
              - ? -

Comment

Possibly. I have not yet looked to see what's out there that might fit, but I have no doubt someone will find something soon enough.
                Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Hopefully the northbridge cooler or the GPU cooler for the geforce-series from www.aqua-computer.de will match...

Comment

I suspect Matrox will update their tweak utility at some point to support their newer products.

So then you should be able to adjust the clock speeds. I wonder if it will show MHz or just a percentage.

Comment

Kruzin> Thanks for the correction! I just remebered Haig saying it'd have holes with which to connect the hsf, but not that it was only two...

Not exactly what I wanted, but should still suffice to attach a nice hsf...

And yes, i'll oc the P if any review/test/whatever shows an improvement in speed!

Comment

The one cooler I did take a quick look at was a Crystal Orb chipset cooler. The corner PC shop had one. The mounting holes where just a tad too far apart. Besides, it didn't look heavy duty enough for this application.

Comment

so if we are lucky an clock is a bit lets say heatsinks on the memo and a beter blower on the core we sould get a max of lets say not to high so if goes higher it sound even beter

a core/mem of 230 / 305(610)

yeah sounds good to me hehee
                          specs p4 2.8@3.2Ghz Giga byte xnpbla bla 2x80GbHD Raid 0 creative audigy iiyama vision master 502 (21inch) a logitech mx700
                          video is ati 9700pro modded to 9800 speeds volt mod ect ect

Comment

If there's a way, Greebe will find it.

amish
                            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

Just figure out a way to attach this sucker and it should do great.

Comment

Working...
                              X