Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Project Template should I use in Premiere ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Project Template should I use in Premiere ?

Hi there guys.

I have a Marvel G450eTV and I am using Matrox PC VCR to capture video and then edit it with Premiere.

I am capturing at 704x576 Uncompressed (YUY2) PAL and I want to know which project should I load into Premiere 6 in order to best correspond to my captured file.

Should I choose any of the DV-PAL projects, should I use the PAL Video for Window project or should I try something else ?

Also I noticed that none of the project templates have a resolution of 704x576. Will this be a problem when saving the otput file (I am capturing at 704x576) ? For example, will the output file be 704x576 like the video I edited or will it have the resolution defined by the project template I loaded ?

To what it's worth, I want to use Premiere to add a few transitions to the captured file and then encode it to PAL VCD...

Sorry if these questions sound stupid but I'm a fresh newbe with Premiere...

Thanks in advance for any help.

use the PAL Video for Window 704X576.
    Check the field order.
    Make sure your capture and export settings are identical. You will need to experiment a bit with the codecs when exporting to find what best suits you.

orbital

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I will export into TMPGEnc (I want to make it VCD) using the Video Server Plugin using uncompressed video and audio. BTW, since my 704x576 captured video needs to be resized to 352x288 to fit the VCD standard, shoud I do the encoding through Premiere or should I feed the video as 704x576 into TMPGEnc and let it do the resize ?

Comment

its easier to do it in tempenc (and much faster too)

Comment

Yes but, what about quality ? I was using VDub resize filter to resize my clips before serving them into TMPGEnc. The result was pretty good when using billinear for image shrinking.

I am thinking of serving my Premiere clip into VDub, apply the resize filter there and then use VDub frameserver to frameserve it directly to TMPGEnc. Has anyone tried that ? Is it an overkill or is it worth it ?

Comment

Working...
          X