Audio goes off synch when loading a clip in Premiere's Timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio goes off synch when loading a clip in Premiere's Timeline

I was told that this is the most suitable section for such questions, so I am re-posting the question here...

The problem I am dealing with has to do with the audio getting off synch when I load a clip into the Timeline.

Firlt off, I choose File ---> Open to load a clip into Premiere. The film loads into the Clip Window and then I click and drag it into the Timeline. The problem is that when the Clip is loaded into the Timeline, its audio is off synch when I play it in the Monitor... However, before loading the clip into the Timeline, the audio synchronisation is fine ?!? Weird, isn't it ?

What can i do to fix it ?

BTW, the clip I am trying to load is a 900 MB (?!?) uncompressed .avi clip that was captured through PC-VCR of my Matrox Marvel G450eTV card...

Any help with the audio de-ynch problem will be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

you probably have dropped frames. Use a different codec to capture without dropping frames.
    Can your system cope with the data rate of your capture?

Comment

have you tried capturing with AVI_io?? from http://www.nct.ch/multimedia/avi_io/

Comment

You are probably right cause after recapturing the video with no dropped frames, the video was in synch again... I am capturing at 704x576 YUY2 Matrox codec using the Matrox PC-VCR cause have found that the program is perfedt... The bitrate is 19.5 MB/s which can be coped by my WD1200BB...

Comment

Working...
        X