"Your system is not fully ACPI compliant"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Your system is not fully ACPI compliant"

Just got this when trying to install win2k on an IBM Netfinity 5500 M20 Xeon server. I can understand that as the server is a couple of years old now, but what I was wondering about, was that it tells you to check with your system manufacturer which is fair enough, or visit www.hardware-update.com ? That site is a useless search engine site. Is this a string in the win2k server set up that MS forgot to change?

Maybe the original site went down.
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Can you install it just as a standard PC? I know i had to do that with my KG7-RAID before the BIOS got the ACPI error fixed in it.
      Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Yeah - press F6 at the beginning to get the driver install option, then press F7 then continue and it installs in non ACPI mode.

Comment

Yep, that does the trick...
          (I have the same problem with my bios, W2K just halts during reboot when it installs as ACPI compliant) The W2k test however told me my system would be fully compatible...

Jörg
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

i had this problem in a friends comp. a couple of days ago. we just installed a new sound card and got the bsod with that message on boot. i took out the soundcard, moved it to a different slot and it worked fine
            Dell Inspiron 8200
            Pentium4m 1.6
            640mb pc2100
            64mb gf440go
            15" uxga ultrasharp
            40gb 5400rpm hdd 16mb cache

Comment

Roadie:
              I think that is another problem... In my system (and I'm guessing this to be SteveC's case) W2k refuses to boot, even with all (unnecessary) cards removed, only due to the bios. In your friends' computer, it is more likely to be either a hardware issue with the soundcard; a shared IRQ or something similar.

Apart from the ACPI bios, my system halts also due to the soundcard. Windows appears to have problems with the proprietary sony-cdrom controller present on the card (it is an original AWE32, which has the 3 old proprietary controllers onboard). Pulling the card from the system, installing W2k, and then re-seating and installing the card does the trick in my case.

Jörg
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
              X