Parhelia question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia question

Heres a question....with this talk of overclocking the card...say I do this and pull the stock fan off and replace it with something that looks like the one on the aphla/beta card would I wind up voiding the warrenty?
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Actually, I think you can void the warranty just by thinking about that........

Comment

People have overclocked their G400s and just put the old fan back on when they needed it to be covered by warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by isochar
        People have overclocked their G400s and just put the old fan back on when they needed it to be covered by warranty.
        True, but when they returned their G400s with a small charred hole directly under where the old fan used to be, I think Matrox may have gotten suspicious...

Comment

If you bust it up at least have the decency to admit it's your mistake instead of trying to cheat the company out of another ... sheeesh!
          "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Anyway, overclocking is what you do when you buy a Geforce4 Ti4200, and want to turn into a cheaper Ti4600. Overclocking is NOT something you should have to do with a $400 card.......

Comment

I couldn't agree more, not that I wouldn't like the option, but I'd never buy a $400 card with the intention of overclocking it from the start.
              "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

If the card is able to hit ~300mhz and deliver GF4 speeds, then I really hope Matrox supports gamers the way AMD supports them.

Comment

Ah it was a question on my Mind. I'm still not 100% sure if I want to keep my Preorder yet. I'm just really wondering how much of an improvement the card would make with its core running at 250/275 mhz which would move it closer to the comp (in reguards to clockspeed) and thus help it out in benchmarks and games.
                  Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

So I wonder when the first parhelia overclocking review will come out??? I would certainly be interested to see the numbers, even though I have no intention of overclocking my P.

LEM

Comment

Working...
                    X