Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who is getting Parhelia??

As above.

I would but I can't afford one, at least not for a long while.

Comment

After a short time of thinking to cancel my order, I have decided that I want this card!
      Can't wait till it arrives here
      Specs:
      MSI 745 Ultra :: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ :: 1024 MB PC-266 DDR-RAM :: HIS Radeon 9700 (Catalyst 3.1) :: Creative Soundblaster Live! 1024 :: Pioneer DVD-106S :: Western Digital WD800BB :: IBM IC35L040AVVN07

Comment

I have decided to keep my pre-order since I am fortunate enough to be able to afford it and still get a R300 or NV30, I think the core has potential.
        Fenrir(AVA)
        "Fearlessness is better then a faint-heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors.
        The length of my life and the day of my death were fated long ago"
        Anonymous lines from For Scirnis

Comment

I'm definitely buying one..
          AMDXP1700+@2000Mhz/EP-8K3A+/Maxtor120GB/512MB DDR/Matox Parhelia 128MB Retail
          And a REAL OS: Gentoo Linux

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrir(AVA)
            I have decided to keep my pre-order since I am fortunate enough to be able to afford it and still get a R300 or NV30, I think the core has potential.
            The core has great potential. The Parhelia chip is a very impressive bit of design work - the problems more likely lie in clock speed. The massive memory bandwidth is pointless when the chip can't run fast enough to use it. The ability to run the chip at higher speeds is more of a manufacturing problem than one of design. If they can bump the speed up enough (probably via a die-shrink), the Parhelia could seriously kick butt.

The problem is that unless they can do it RSN, it'll likely be too late. I was originally in the "definiately buy a Parhelia on relase" group, but having seen the reviews, I'm back in the "wait and see group". I'm hoping Matrox can get the performace back on track before the card is trampled by the next round.

Comment

I play to less, as the bad gaming performance cares me. I just want to have a matrox again. Maybe I will buy some more LCDs later this year so that I can take full advantage of parhelias real efforts.

Comment

I'm waiting a couple of months, before I make my final decision.
                "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

I'm waiting for the 256Mb version of the board

Comment

I still haven't canceled my pre-order, but I'm thinking about it...

It'd help if I knew when they're planning to ship it, as I have to know how much money I can spend on other things...

Comment

The shopmatrox.com site has them shipping on the July 15th.
                      Fenrir(AVA)
                      "Fearlessness is better then a faint-heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors.

Comment

I am going to buy it as soon as it will be available here in Finland!

Comment

Fenrir> Thanks Got a little confused since someone stated they'd start shipping the 30th... (Can't remember where, I've read way to much these last days...)

Comment

http://shopmatrox.com/preOrder/usa/p..._datasheet.asp You can check here for the updates.
                            Fenrir(AVA)

Comment

i am getting one as soon as Parhelia 256 MB/ 350MHz version is out there...

Comment

Working...
                              X