Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• double sigh!

Oh gawd.......

I have just come here from the madness of the'matrox hardware' forum...

OUCH... we have all the new ones (<20 posts) crying that they dont have 600FPS in quake.....

It is hard to read anymone.... You just know that none of them will actually buy a parhelia.... even if it had done 600+++ fps, their pocket money wouldnt have streched to it! I know mine wont for a few monthe ...

I have just invested in my bigass 21" monitor.... (refurb, of course)... I cant strech to a second 'toy' this qrtr.... wifey would kill me....

I wish I had seen some reviews of the Parhelia in 1600 with the eyecandy on... I think that that might have told some different stories....

RedRed
    Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Re: double sigh!

Originally posted by RedRed
    Oh gawd.......

I have just come here from the madness of the'matrox hardware' forum...

OUCH... we have all the new ones (<20 posts) crying that they dont have 600FPS in quake.....

It is hard to read anymone.... You just know that none of them will actually buy a parhelia.... even if it had done 600+++ fps, their pocket money wouldnt have streched to it! I know mine wont for a few monthe ...

I have just invested in my bigass 21" monitor.... (refurb, of course)... I cant strech to a second 'toy' this qrtr.... wifey would kill me....

I wish I had seen some reviews of the Parhelia in 1600 with the eyecandy on... I think that that might have told some different stories....

RedRed
    Just what I was thinking...
    Who is General Failiure and why is he reading my drive?
    ----------------------
    Powercolor Radeon 9700np, Asus A7N8X mobo bios ver. 1007UBER, AthlonXP2800+@3200+ (200 Mhz fsb, 2.2 Ghz) on TT Silent Storm, 2*256Mb Kingston HyperX PC3500 DDR-RAM, 19" Samsung 959NF monitor, Pioneer A04 DVD-RW, Two WD800 80 GB HDD's, IBM Deskstar 40 GB

Comment

Yeah, it's been pretty messy in there. I kinda just quieted down and stopped posting. I'm waiting until all the smoke and dust clears....
      System Specs:
      Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
      May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
      Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
      And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
      just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
      For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

AGGHHH!! ACK...cough...spit...

My god....I just went back and read JCs comments. I was expecting this to be a somewhat bad day for Parhelia, but nothing like this. Is JC an ATI whore?? Has everyone given up on Matrox? Is there no justice??

In the words of Charlton Heston (who couldn't have said it any better)....DAMN YOU ALL.....DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!

EDIT: AGGHHH!! AGAIN!! I just went back and it got even worse!!
        Last edited by BuddMan; 25 June 2002, 16:46.
        System Specs:
        Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Comment

Are you on proscribed medication?

Settle down bud, take a deep breath.

/Jake
          Who is General Failiure and why is he reading my drive?
          ----------------------
          Powercolor Radeon 9700np, Asus A7N8X mobo bios ver. 1007UBER, AthlonXP2800+@3200+ (200 Mhz fsb, 2.2 Ghz) on TT Silent Storm, 2*256Mb Kingston HyperX PC3500 DDR-RAM, 19" Samsung 959NF monitor, Pioneer A04 DVD-RW, Two WD800 80 GB HDD's, IBM Deskstar 40 GB

Comment

I suspect many of us are also waiting for everything to clear. I didn't see too many posts from the BBs, but mostly posts from friggin' minis

Comment

I'm almost afraid to know, but are the BB's still NDA? Can they even say how well a G400 or even a G200 benchmarks anymore?

Comment

They probably are not saying anything, because if they say something, more questions will arise, and when they answer those questions, more questions will arise, and when they answer those questions....

I think they're waiting for the dust to settle too. That or maybe it is the NDA....

To all those Parhelia bashers....damn dirty apes....

Ok, I'll stop the Charlton Heston now.
                System Specs:

Comment

Wow.

I just ventured into the Hardware forum for the first time and..... wow... just.....wow.

Suddenly I am glad I am not a BB.

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

The BB'z have been operating under several limitations.

One is that we were under NDA and so could not elaborate on Matrox's statements about it not being a pure gamers card, which would have required us to post benchmarks. We had been testing not only that aspect but the aspects of its use in 3D and video editing.

Other limitations still fall under the NDA, so they can't be discussed here. I sure wish it were otherwise.

Still, many of those reviews are obviously skewed.

I find it interesting that Anand admits he didn't take time to fully test it's more advanced features then goes on to dismiss their potential utility. Makes me feel like the AFLAK duck in his commercial with Yogi Berra

We don't even have to discuss the [H]ardOCP situation. I'm ready to ship him a package of Pampers.

Dr. Mordrid
                    Dr. Mordrid
                    ----------------------------
                    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

ok you got me curious.. i havent been over there in about 3 weeks..

time to go knock on the door
                      www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Matrox mustn't have much faith in their own product. The cards are being reviewed online, they're available to BUY online, and yet they continue to gag the only people who have any real idea about what it's actual capabilities are and who are in the best position to put it in a good light... pretty sad actually.

Have you tried this program? It's a pretty heavy duty OpenGL benchmark:

SPEC GWPG builds industry-standard workstation and graphics card performance benchmarks for popular workstation applications

The 7.0 version is a rather killer download, the 6.1.2 is much more reasonable unless you've got the bandwidth.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
                          Matrox mustn't have much faith in their own product. The cards are being reviewed online, they're available to BUY online, and yet they continue to gag the only people who have any real idea about what it's actual capabilities are and who are in the best position to put it in a good light... pretty sad actually.

Have you tried this program? It's a pretty heavy duty OpenGL benchmark:

SPEC GWPG builds industry-standard workstation and graphics card performance benchmarks for popular workstation applications

The 7.0 version is a rather killer download, the 6.1.2 is much more reasonable unless you've got the bandwidth.
                          There is good reason why we have those "gags".

We test BETA software and see things that the public does NOT need to see because it's on BETA software.

Rags

Comment

yeah.. nevermind that wore me out
                            www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Man, what a brutal day! I feel like I've been running from a truck all day. And then with JC, the truck hits me. Ouch...

MadScot
                              Asus P2B-LS, Celeron Tualatin 1.3Ghz (PowerLeap adapter), 256Mb PC100 CAS 2, Matrox Millenium G400 DualHead AGP, RainbowRunner G-series, Creative PC-DVD Dxr2, HP CD-RW 9200i, Quantum V 9Gb SCSI HD, Maxtor 20Gb Ultra-66 HD (52049U4), Soundblaster Audigy, ViewSonic PS790 19", Win2k (SP2)

Comment

Working...
                              X