Clear All

• Microsoft is at it again!

Microsoft has announced Palladium!

And its big brother on steroids!

Zdnet

The register

New Scientist

Msnbc
    Last edited by Technoid; 25 June 2002, 10:05.
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Microsoft to release a system free from attackers. I started laugthing when I read that. No chance.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

UP!
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I can see it now, installing my copy of anything not microsoft.

The intel (or) AMD BIOS has detected an attempt to install non micro$oft software, this hardware will only operate with micro$oft trusted software...........

or

The windows ss has detected an attempt to install non micro$oft software, this hardware/software will only operate with micro$oft trusted software, contact m$.micro$oft.con for software suitable for your needs

or

The windows ss has detected a0l messenger, this is non micro$oft software and is not secure, this hardware/software will only operate with micro$oft trusted software, click here to remove and replace with trusted m$ software (have your trusted .net credit card ready)

or

The windows ss has detected hardware that is over a year old, this is non micro$oft approved hardware and is not secure, this hardware cannot operate with micro$oft trusted software, click here to contact a trusted micro$oft hardware supplier (have your trusted .net credit card ready)

The list continues

breezer
        Everything I say is true apart from that which is not

Comment

You're missing the good point in this:

Since M$ is shitting itself, people are considering more and more a move toward xNIX (Linux/BSD etc.) and guess who will have Linux drivers ? Parhelia !!!

Comment

Comment

and guess who will have Linux drivers ? Parhelia !!!
              Eh? I must have missed that memo.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Yeah, kinda like I missed the memo about all those people jumping ship to *nix. And the memo about *nix being "useful".

- Gurm
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                If only life were as easy as you
                I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                I would still get screwed

Comment

Worüber man nicht reden kann, darüber muss man schweigen. -Wittgenstein
                  no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

My God, someone just quoted Wittgenstein.. what an educated crowd we have here..

It's a shame the masses are not likewise educated, so they cannot speak out against the freedoms that are being ripped from them by corporate america with full approval of congress.

Comment

And Wittgenstein was a beery swine...

Who was just as schloshed as Schlegel.

There's nothing Nietzsche couldn't teach ya bout the raising of the wrist...

Socrates himself was permanently pissed!

- Gurm
                      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

whats wrong with being pissed ???
                        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Linux is looking very tastey right now. With the influx of disgruntled M$ customers, I can see Linux becoming very useful, very soon.

Jammrock
                          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I can't. Sorry, man. It takes TIME to develop a good GUI. And since there aren't any yet on Linux... it'll be a couple years BARE MINIMUM before you see a "friendly" Linux.

Tack on an additional year for proper hardware support.

And then you'll have a great OS, with a great GUI, no apps, and no drivers. *shrug*

STILL useless.

- Gurm

Comment

With my limited use of Linux at work (its complied by JPL...sooo ) I found it not to be that bad, but overall I don't see it taking over the customer market any time soon. In my other experances I've found it to have a "unfinished" feeling to it.

The other thing to get at here to (though my thinking might be totally off base here..flame if nessary) is that Most people look at Unix and think hey I can't really make any money off it since it open sorced...and I dont want to give up my code that I use to make my build special then the other falvors of *inx that are out there.

From what I've been reading about MS Palladium, its alot of BS...they are still going to be hacked or have Virus problems, just becasue they have the number 1 O/S out there. If the shoe was on the other Foot, Lunix would have the same problem...and maybe even worse since the code is open sourced, thus exposing possible hooks for Crackers or whoever to use.
                              Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Working...
                              X