Has a single review yet mentioned...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has a single review yet mentioned...

Displacement Mapping? That's a big feature of Parhelia which everyone suddenly seems to have forgotten about.

I would have mentioned it

Comment

can you name a game wich uses displacement mapping???

you can't review a feature you can't test.. you can only talk about what it could do. not much of an review then..
      PIII 1Ghz|AbitSa6R|512mb Kingston|Matrox Parhelia 512 Retail|80gb WD & 30gb IBM 75gxp|Diamond MX300 A3d 2.0|36xcdrom|6x32AopenDVD|Sony DRU500A|Intel Pro 10/100 S|IIyama Vision Master Pro 450 | Celly 300a@450 'server' powered by a G400MAX

Comment

A lack of 'games' that use it ...

Im wondering when game engines/ et al will start making use of the Parhelia (never mind other cards) features.

Still - it took not too long for bump mapping to make inroads
        G400 32 D/H, PIII650@840, ABIT-BE6II, MX300

Comment

I would have hoped big name sites could get a beta of upcoming software which does use Displacement Mapping.

doesn't westwood's new game use it?

Comment

Anandtech mentioned it. Not in any detail however, for the reason Michel mentioned no real test for displacement mapping yet.
            Fenrir(AVA)
            "Fearlessness is better then a faint-heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors.
            The length of my life and the day of my death were fated long ago"
            Anonymous lines from For Scirnis

Comment

Westwood's new, Earth and Beyond, might use it. I'm pretty sure that Matrox will have a special demo of it though.

Dave
              Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Has DM been linked with any upcoming games as of yet? I would have thought it would get off to a better start than bump mapping with M$ pimping it.

Comment

Working...
                X