Any cancelations for the parhelia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any cancelations for the parhelia?

I am thinking of canceling mines until the next revision/chip update of the card comes out. Anyone else considering the same? The benchmarks are so poor, but at the same time the resolutions all the games are running in are far below what I would call acceptable.
    Fenrir(AVA)
    "Fearlessness is better then a faint-heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors.
    The length of my life and the day of my death were fated long ago"
    Anonymous lines from For Scirnis

same here im gona het the GF4 for now then when they release a btter card and if they do i might consider it ! but until then sorry guyz

on that note there are other cards coming out the nv30 and the r300 so matrox have there handfull now !
    Snake

Dual AMD MP 1800+
    Asus A7M266-D
    512MB ECC registered MEM
    2 * 40GB IBM HDD
    RAID 0 using Promise ultra 100
    Audigy Platinum
    2 * 19" iiyama monitors
    Gainward GeForce 4 Ti4600 128mb
    (Parhelia )

Comment

Dude you have almost the same system configuration as I do..got the AMD MP 2000+ MSI K7D-master 2 gigs of RAM and seagate cheetahs.. Hopefully Matrox is using this card as a test for market or a tech test for the parhelia core. I hope there is a revision with beefed up performance sometime. Right now the only thing Parhelia has going for it is Surround Gaming. I hate to say it but so far that's been true.
      Fenrir(AVA)
      "Fearlessness is better then a faint-heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors.

Comment

Looks like I maybe eating humble pie.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I have to admit that I thought a very short time about canceling my order (d'oh, I haven't really ordered one yet, no credit card here), but after reading some other reviews and my believes on Matrox' driver team, I won't cancel my order. I can't wait till I can hold the card in my hands
          Specs:
          MSI 745 Ultra :: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ :: 1024 MB PC-266 DDR-RAM :: HIS Radeon 9700 (Catalyst 3.1) :: Creative Soundblaster Live! 1024 :: Pioneer DVD-106S :: Western Digital WD800BB :: IBM IC35L040AVVN07

Comment

as much as i was looking forward to it, and as much as i'd love to have one, there's just no way i can continue with my pre-order on this one. the 16xFAA is absolutely gorgeous, and i love the IQ i get from matrox, but i just can't justify the purchase at $400. when it comes right down to it, it's the price that nixed this deal for me.

but i still like the technology, so we'll just have to see what comes up with future revisions.

- nf

Comment

I did not order the card yet, but I think I will. allthough the card is not doing very well in the reviews so far( I'd expected better), that games that I wanna play are playable at a decent framerate.

But since I do alot of audio work on my pc, three monitors is becoming really handy. No more switching programs or moving menus all over the screen.

I also beleive that the drivers have a lot of space for improvement and with the ability to overclock the card I think that it will do just fine.

So I will keeping my eye on the reviews and benchmarks And I'm also like to here some feedback from the BBz. They used the card for some time now and can tell how the card is doing it for real and not haw it is performing in the benchmark.

I don't play benchmarks I play games
              Now what was my sig again......

Comment

Can't decide. I want a Matrox card, but I'm feeling a bit short-changed for $400. The card that really shined throughout all this is the 8500, which can be picked up for ~$100. (Assuming the drivers are tolerable)

Comment

I'm going to hold on to my cash for a while, my G400 is good for now anyway.
                  "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

I'm on the border line right now..I have an R8500 that runs all my games pretty good and the Parhelia isnt really offering too much more then what I have now. I'm very dissapointed with the performance so far and its made even worse now that after waiting for 2 years for Matrox to come out with something that would be worth my money and be let down like this. The paper Specs are impressive, but you have to wonder where the hell did it go all wrong? At least with the BBz they hinted to us that G550 wasn't all that before it came out..sigh
                    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

I'll wait for the refresh that Anandtech hints is coming this year.

Comment

I think I am with you maharajah, unless $400 just drops out of the magic blue sky and lands at my feet. Going to hold out.
                        Fenrir(AVA)

Comment

Yes, I cancel my order, gooing straight to ATI's R300

I had hoped that the Parhelia would really shine in UT2003, it's a quad texturered engine for a part, but it doesn't, it's simpely not fast enough to play UT2003, how the h*ll would someone play it on 3 screens with 1 fp/sec ?
                          P4 2,4@2,6 AsusP4T-533 C 512 mb PC 1066 Quantum Atlas 10KII SCSI ATI R9700

Comment

yeah start drinking beer again overhere dont have to save any money for a new card thing i buy on later after the summer
                            specs p4 2.8@3.2Ghz Giga byte xnpbla bla 2x80GbHD Raid 0 creative audigy iiyama vision master 502 (21inch) a logitech mx700
                            video is ati 9700pro modded to 9800 speeds volt mod ect ect

Comment

Humble pie just canceled mine at least I don't have to worry about the car tax now.
                              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                              X