Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's give Matrox some feedback not giving Ant a Parhelia!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's give Matrox some feedback not giving Ant a Parhelia!

Go and give all you got...
    "There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home."
    Ken Olson, President, Digital Equipment, 1977

let them burn
    no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Ant didn't get a card becuase his review would be full of english humour which noone but us brits would understand.

Comment

Right, but still, as it has been said before, Ant is actually 'selling' more Parhelias than most sites do or will.

I really think that [M]atrox ows something to Ant for this site. A sample of every new desktop product wouldnt hurt their pockets too much while Ants reviews could help them increase their revenues.

Comment

maybe a review from a matrox users site is not considered to be indepent / unbiased enough ? It would be like having a Mercedes dealer write an article about the latest version... (not entirely correct since the dealer actually sells the damn things)

Just a thougt ?

Comment

I agree with you blade-be, but Ant knows Matrox users, know what they want and how to explain things to them.

Surely he'll probably be on the part of Matrox, but he knows that 1000s of users are not stupid and i've seen in the past he has always been right with reviews, tests and so on.
            Which part of NO you don't understand?
            Powered by: Dual AMD Athlon XP 1700+ | Tyan Tiger MP (S2460) | 1 GB Ram DDR | WinTV PVR | waiting for Matrox Parhelia 256MB Graphics Card
            Running with: Slackware Linux 8.1 (soonâ„¢ 9.0) | BeOS 5.0.3 Pro | Windows XP Pro

Comment

WE all know that but maybe to the "outer world" , that wouldn't be clear ...

I think the point is correct though, someone like that DOES deserve a card but hey, who ever said life is fair right ?

Comment

I think Matrox should send a sample to Ant, as this site has been the center of Matrox info for sometime now...

But, I do some reason why he didn't get one,
                As mentioned above, with a site name like "Matroxusers" it's difficult for those who don't know to have any trust this isn't a corprate support site - we all know Ant is on his own...

2nd is what would the review include? I don't know what Ant's resources are but does he have a ATi8500 to pit against it? or even a GF3??
                a comparison card is needed to validate any numbers presented..
                Granted numbers aren't all that - but a number has a better scale than "smoothe" or "almost smooth" ...

As mentioned in other threads here, we are still waiting for a Min/Max frame rate chart between the cards...
                this could be an interesting set of numbers....

Well we could take up a collection basket for Ant, Couple of dollars from a few hundred people would surely be enough

Craig
                1.3 Taulatin @1600 - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus TUSL2C - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

Comment

He could show how its faster than the G550...
                  Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Well they could have given the card as a reward of many years good work and support, not so that Ant could review it.

Well Saad posted to thread: (I'm sure that Matrox will get a feeling that they really pissed off many Matrox users)

Gentlemen,
                    It's always nice to know that there is another site out there is dedicated to one's products and it's twice as nice to know that Ant has such loyal fans/friends/users(forum).

However, this is something that he (Ant) and our PR dept./team will have to work out - Technical Support is only here to offer support to our clients/users/viewers.
                    ------------------
                    Saad
                    Matrox Graphics
                    Tech_Support Supervisor
                    Let's show we're serious: http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/For...ML/001287.html
                    "There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home."
                    Ken Olson, President, Digital Equipment, 1977

Comment

Why would someone pay for a fan site for a Company that spits on you?

Comment

I've never looked on the MURC as a fansite, never looked to suck up to or glorify Matrox. When I have felt they were good I've said so, when I've felt they sucked I've said so. The MURC is a usergroup, it's here to support users purely and simply. The MURC is all about this community that has grown up around the site over the last 7 years and that is why I am happy to keep this site up and running not because of anything Matrox do. When this community disappears so will the site no matter if Matrox are producing the best thing since sliced bread.

Comment

Nicely put.

Comment

It wouldn't help Matrox to have Ant review the P since readers would assume there's a unfair bias due to the Matrox centric nature of MURC. Ant shouldn't accept a gift from Matrox since that would compromise his appearance of impartiality among his faithful MURC members and visitors. Now if the MURC community wants to present Ant with a gift I'm sure that would be fine with everybody.
                            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

xortam: EXACTLY!

Comment

Working...
                              X