Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3dsmax, Maya and others... Prof.Performance

Hi there... first Post!

I have a question how Parhelia performes in professional graphics-applications like 3dsmax or maya. I'm a maxer and need a graphics-card with high poly-processing-power. Anti-aliasing and other cool features of the "P" ounds cool too...

i think Parhelia should easily manage that but we got a few other surprises too... so, can anyone do a few tests with 3dsmax?

Are there any special Driver-Plans from matrox to unveil parhelias full potencial in these high-end apps? (how you could do with the elsa-maxtreme-driver/softquadro) (how great would be adaptiv tesselated nurbs, displacement-mapping or other cool things in the viewports...)

Waiting for the Professionals...

PATER
    keep on maxing...

there was one review that did test the parhelia in cinema4dXL (cinebench) and it was faster than the 4600 and 8500 by about 20%. dont remember which one it was.
    no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

nope... not enough...

still waiting for real performance-measures... nobody who has the card yet has 3dsmax? hm...
      keep on maxing...

Comment

Nope, but they sure seem to have Quake.

Comment

3dsmax? I don't think I've seen that game yet when did it come out?

Comment

there is a chance Ant that your avatar is 3DSMAX
            no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Nope its an ant! Actually it's an electron micrograph of an ant

So are there any set benchmarks that can be setup and run with 3DSMax just on the off chance I bumped into a Parhelia in the street and asked it back to my place for a little benchmarking?

Comment

Give this a look, Ant.
                <a href="http://www.unspacy.com/ryu/systems.htm">Ryu's PCs</a>

Comment

For ppl usually reading reviews as the ones we have seen on Parhelia, this kind of info is of no importance at all.

The don't use the software you mention and can't afford it anyway.

Will P shine in those programs ... don't think so due to it's low core clock.

It might perform slightly better, but not by much but it would be nice if it could excel in at least one area.
                  Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
                  incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

You don't want to buy one Kosh? Fine. Don't be a dick though. Whoever pissed in your cereal, it doesn't mean you have to disrupt every conversation where people are actually seeking information.
                    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Being a dick ?

Is my assumption wrong ?

Where in my post did I say anything about getting a Parhelia ?

It's not my fault Parhelia turned out the way it did, so don't take it out on me.

Comment

Oh well ...

I better stop posting on MURC at all.

Since I'm not getting *blip* I'm obviously not welcome anymore.

Comment

Children stop squabbling or daddy's going to smack you very hard

Comment

Has anyone tried running the GLmark benchmark on a Parhelia yet?

I'd be interested in seeing the results...

Comment

To put this thread back on track...

I'm definitely interested in moddling performance. Doc M. mentioned the likelihood of a 10bpp 3DS plugin. And along the same vein of 3DLabs cards, less than eye-popping performance in game beces does not necessarily equate to similar performance expectations in the stuff you can do with a comp that you can't do with a playstation

I'll be keeping an eye open for Maya optimized drivers for one thing. Damn it would be nice to have a $400 car that purportedly "sucks ass " with games (considering its performance is by no means sub-par in any relation other than expectations to the latest cheap gaming-only cards, since I can destroy 99% of the kiddies with their 4600s in deathmatch anyway ), if it can throw around wireframes smoothly (with accuracy as well) and help render at a decent speed. I mean, a $400 POS that can at least hang with the game cards AND the low/mid range DCC cards sounds great to me.

Kind of like a Quadro, only with the added laundry list of convenience features like TH, etc... , and good IQ + rendering accuracy - all for half the price

I came across some 3D app benches last night from some 3D sites - I'll see if I can't find out what and where those programs/plugins are for everyone.
                              Yes I drive a 13yr old Volkswagen; Yes I'm a dirt poor college student; Yes every tank of gas is more $$ than the value of my car, but it is FUN to drive, so I don't care about your ego or how much your car cost, if you insist on going the exact same speed in the passing lane as the car next to you for 10 minutes, stop being a self righteous ass, move the hell over and just let me by!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X