X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech report review

You can find another review of the Parhelia at the following URL:

The Tech Report

It's only a preliminary review, but the testers seemed quite impressed with the features, while they found the performance slightly lacking. They blamed the lack in performance mostly on the clock speed.

cu
    Majello
    ---
    This opinion is mine, you can't have it

Re: Tech report review

Originally posted by majello
    They blamed the lack in performance mostly on the clock speed.
    Which can be increased with a proper HSF

Comment

*IF* Parhelia will ever come out using the .09 micron technology, all you'll need a G400 like passive cooling for it...
      Or go to really high clock rate with active cooling

Damn, at .09 you could have a Parhelia equipped laptop !!!

Comment

The laptop idea would actually make sense, since a decent business laptop needs multiple display support and support for TV ouput anyway.

apart from power consumption issues i would think such a setup should sell well and help keep costs down. and i always wanted a decent gpu in my laptop so i could play while on the road.

cu
        Majello
        ---
        The truth is out there - just like my car keys, i just keeps getting lost from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by majello
          and i always wanted a decent gpu in my laptop so i could play while on the road.
          Majello, please...while you are on the road keep driving instead of playing games
          Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

Drizzt,

since you are an italian, I think you will understand. My Alfa Romeo does all the driving i need by itself :-)

cheers

Majello
            ---
            A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it. -- Oscar Wilde

Comment

*IF* Parhelia will ever come out using the .09 micron technology, all you'll need a G400 like passive cooling for it...
              Or go to really high clock rate with active cooling

Damn, at .09 you could have a Parhelia equipped laptop !!!
              This is just about the opposite of what you will see in reality.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
              X