Le Parhelia-512

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Le Parhelia-512

This one is in French, still does not look good.

translation

Last edited by bm1; 25 June 2002, 03:33.

While waiting, it is clear that Parhelia does not make the weight from the point of view of the 3d, in particular when one compares it with offer NVIDIA since Parhelia offers performances lower than a GF4 Ti 4200 whole while being to the price of a GF4 Ti 4600
    I think this sums it up for me It was what I was most afraid of and whilst I've supported Matrox for many many years now I find this really quite disapointing.

Saying the card offers a smooth gaming experience (as the beta testers have done) is simply not measureable and could even be a large measure of faith.

With any luck the performance will grow (although don't expect a large leap) with successive driver releases but then this highlights the other problem with all Matrox's major releases - they never seem to have decent drivers.

I'm really torn between the Matrox in terms of quality and support and the fact that it's simply outpriced in the current company (which will show up even worse when nVidia/ATI release the next gen stuff). I feel it's simply not worth the RRP
    Cheers, Reckless

Comment

I believe the true power of the Parhelia will shine when Matrox switches to a 0.13ยต manufacturing process and then ramps up the momory and GPU core Mhz'.

Sorta like they did with the G400 and the G400Max. I hope they'll do this real soon. I mean, I WILL get a Parhelia, no question about it. I'll just wait some more until that "Max" version is available.

Comment

It's coming out Soon .....
        "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Well as I said at the time, I didn't doubt they could develop such a card, I did doubt they could get that card in that form to market as with the G800.

Comment

Working...
          X