Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• review at tecchannel.de

tecchannel.de

it is in german, yet again it is quite short and not very good. what really bothers me is that they say that Parhelias IQ is worse than the one of the G550 , and they usually do some thourough IQ testing.

Moreover they say for the full driver features you need to install the "Microsoft .NET Framework", otherwise you can only change the resolution and color depth and nothing else. WTF does that mean? I sure hope it doesn't mean you have to register with MS .NET service

another odd thing: they used drivers 1.0.22 first then they got 1.0.23 by matrox and the scores didn't change expect the SPECviewsth. dropped by 25%
    Last edited by thop; 25 June 2002, 02:51.
    no matrox, no matroxusers.

About .NET. You will only need the Microsoft .NET Framework which is a bit like a runtine for applications developed with VB.NET, C# or any other .NET language.

You can download it at

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/...mpositedoc.xml

You do not need to register something in any way.

Comment

Wait.
      I spend a lot of money for a vid card, and then I have to d'load the net runtime to have it work at its maximum?
      Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

it's on the driver CD.
        no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

The fact that you need to install the "Microsoft .NET Framework" doesn't mean that you have to register with MS. The .Net Framework (runtimes) is only some dll's that are required for programs written within the .Net Framework to run properly

About the drivers: that sounds strange. However all reviews (by now) show that the drivers needs more optimizing, but hopefully that will occur in the next two-three months

Comment

torhelge, I'm a programmer, I know what a runtime is...

What I find stupid is that I have to download it instead of finding on the CD.

To be honest, I find really strange that Matrox's programmers have used .Net when it seems that the rest of the world don't want to use it!

Comment

Originally posted by thop
              it's on the driver CD.

Comment

Uops...
                Mea culpa, my PageDown goes to down

Comment

Working...
                X