Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parhelia : Is that $399 too expensive for such performance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia : Is that $399 too expensive for such performance?

I did read some benchmark about the Parhelia, and I know that my feeling will disappoint most of Matrox fans.

Yes, I expected this card very much. I just hope it will outperform Geforce4 Ti4600 EVEN with FAA16X turn on.

But now, this card even can't faster than a Geforce 3 Ti500 without FAA/FSAA.

I know Parhelia's selling point is quality, and this is what I am expecting too (I really want to say that I am really disappoint with Nvida's graphics quality : I won't buy a Nvidia card anymore)

But the main point is : With such good specification, how did the performance not as good as expect (Although it is a lot better then G550).

I think this card only worth $199~$299. Even SiS Xarber will have a near performance without FSAA turn on.

I won't think this card will have good selling as G400, because G400 Max gave us not only quality, but really the TOP performance when it was out. But it is not the case for the Parhelia.

I am really disappiont and upset for Matrox. Hope future drive will change it, and sorry for all Matrox Fans.

Parhelia's 16xfaa is faster than g ti 4600 4xfaa

Comment

Working...
    X